How long does it take you to hand-wash a pickup truck?

A electric pressure washer located in my garage with at least a 50’ hose. Quality foam cannon. (Griot’s for me) Ego 765 blower and quality long lasting sealant applied before the wash. (the secret to fast wash and dry) The foam part with a very light contact with your wash mitt. 1/2 hour for me but it is a Miata including a quick microfiber dry after the blower.

Have you given any thought to a cover? Do you use the Ram infrequently so that it wouldn't be too tiresome to remove/apply the cover?

I had a '64 Cadillac convertible which stayed in the garage, but every now and then it would need to be outside for a few days. I had a good quality cover for it, but it was a PITA to dress and undress the car ... I wouldn't want to do that every day.
Removing and reinstalling a cover on a vehicle that was not freshly washed will likely inflict scratches and swirl marks. It would be similar to dry wiping a dirty vehicle.

It takes 1-1.5 hours to do a proper wash and blow dry on bigger vehicles like out odyssey, or my Dodge Ram CTD.

Im very careful with sponge cleanliness, and have found wool pads more likely to scratch, so I prefer to use a grout sponge washed substantially after each panel, and then use a different t sponge for the lowest 1/4. On the higher and bigger vehicles I got a rod with a wool pad on it, which helps with reach and speed, but I can tell it doesn’t always clean as well and is more prone to marring.

Yesterday I had to quick wash the crv and the f150 with a cap. I found that a clean sponge mop was highly effective at going quickly. Hit all the broad strokes with the mop, rinse, and hand sponged the missed places. The crv got wax, truck didn’t.

1651628784655.jpg

I saw this guy wash 4 trucks in just a few minutes. :ROFLMAO:

put a proper sealant on it once and then forget about the spray detailer at the end. you can cut that step out unless you use it as a drying aid.
and use a rins less wash so you don't spend so much time drying and whatnot.

I cheat and use Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax w a pole brush then dry with a silicone squeegee. Wipe down the inside every few times and windows as needed. Total is about 30 minutes. Yet I do 3 vehicles when I do wash them so about 1.5-2hrs when done between the 3. I do love the Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax, leaves the vehicles slick and beads water like crazy. Use it on my fiberglass camper too and it does a great job, especially keeping the bugs from sticking to the nose.

I don’t mind washing and waxing the car. It’s a chore with the truck, which is dirty again in 10 days. Just bought griots 3-in-1 based on good bitog reviews. Car might get it soon. Truck keeps doing truck things and it’s not worth cleaning at the moment.

The wash time for my Tacoma is about 30-45 minutes from start to finish. I do use a brush, so it reduces time by a lot. Is the brush going to swirl the paint? Probably. Mine is kept clean and is about 12 years old. It’s so worn out it’s soft now. It doesn’t leave any noticeable swirls like the ones at the car wash so I’ll stick with it.

I rinse, soap, rinse off, dry, and every other wash I hit it with Meguiar’s Fast Finish. Seal & Shine at the beginning of every season. I only touch door jams in the winter and early spring. Nothing more than a rinse to get the salt out. I might hit the wheels with soap if they are dirty but usually the water is enough to rinse off the excess brake dust.

I do miss having a small car where I can wash and wax in under an hour.

If you final rinse just using the hose without the nozzle, the water runs off and there is less to dry off. My F150 takes me 1.5 to 2 hours but I've slowed down in my older years.

I fill a bucket with my favorite car wash soap mixture. Drop in about eight good quality microfiber towels. Use one towel per panel then I put the used towel in an empty bucket that way I don’t have to rinse the towel / sponge during the process or contaminate my clean soap/water bucket

I'm seeing a lot more RAM (Dodge) trucks on the road lately. Did they FINALLY fix the transmission problems from the past?
BTW, very nice looking truck.
You know the answer to that. The ZF 8 speed is light years ahead of the “Blue Oval” 10 speed.

Back