How is stp5 in1 compared too techron/redline si1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I was reading on stp 5 in1 complete fuel system cleaner,black bottle.kunda wanna try it. I know it has Pea in it and piba.3 times detergent it advertises.how does it compare too redline or techron? I read redline had the most PEA in it.but compared too 5in1 and techron?

Great stuff. Had longer than normal cranking starts, rough idle, and hesitation after using several tanks of walmart/samsclub premium fuel in my VW. Added the 5 in 1 and issue disappeared within a 1/4 tank. My EA211 seems to be fuel picky when compared to my other GDI engines which tolerate more bad fuel before showing performance degradation.
Need to avoid the non toptier fuel but sometimes that is the only/convenient/nearest station when on empty.

I'd have no issue with rotating that in when there was no Techron on the shelf.

I bought a few bottles of 'Shop Pro' Complete Fuel System Cleaner (High Mileage) which is 'distributed' by Best Parts of Memphis Tennessee on 'Closeout' at AZ for $3 a bottle (regularly $8.99). I don't know if it contains PEA but I felt a positive difference in my GDI Focus with it. The car seemed to rev freer and was smoother.

ziggy: Please tell us the make, model, year and mileage (odo) of your car.

Do you feel you need a cleaner or are you just covering the bases?

I add Techron concentrate to my family's tanks annually.

I make several long (4 hour highway) trips a months and believe these runs contribute to the overall good health my engines have exhibited.

Cars do like to be run.

Does the stp have as much pea in it as redline? It's a 98 LeSabre. M doing my oil change soon,evry oil change at I use a tank of redline,before crc one stop.had the most PEA in them so I read.wondered if stp had same,or less?

I think you are referring to the STP Ultra 5 in 1, right?

I’ve tried it twice and I didn’t care for it. The two times I’ve tried it, my cars engine developed a rough cold start, which went away after fueling up after the STP treatment. The 5 in 1 contains an upper cylinder lubricant, which I suspect isn’t needed on newer engines and may have potential side effects, albeit temporary.

FYI:
B6B602BD-8FE2-4F3F-A8D9-55987CC98241.jpeg

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Modern engines are susceptible to unique deposit and lubrication issues. Harsh deposits can lead to reduced performance and efficiency, while excessive friction can lead to premature engine wear. Use STP® ULTRA 5 in 1 Fuel System Cleaner with our propriety blend of PEA and PIBA detergents to help remove harmful deposits and fight engine friction.

I think you are referring to the STP Ultra 5 in 1, right?

I’ve tried it twice and I didn’t care for it. The two times I’ve tried it, my cars engine developed a rough cold start, which went away after fueling up after the STP treatment. The 5 in 1 contains an upper cylinder lubricant, which I suspect isn’t needed on newer engines and may have potential side effects, albeit temporary.

The PIB will perform the role of lubricant, aswell as reduce smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back