How does TGMO currently rank?

Just purchased our first Toyotas. One takes 0W-16 and the other two take 0W-20. I've heard that TGMO is highly rated but wanted to know if there is a better oil out there? I will be doing 5K mile OCI with OEM filters and price is not a factor.

As long as they are under warranty I would swallow my pride and open my wallet and would let the dealer do the changes.

As long as they are under warranty I would swallow my pride and open my wallet and would let the dealer do the changes.
No need to if you picture all receipts and mileages. Or even easier - CarFax app let's owners add maintenance entries into the CarFax history. Stays there for the life of the car, and looks better than a pen written logbook.

Last thing I heard, TGMO is Mobil 1 with a different label.

Last thing I heard, TGMO is Mobil 1 with a different label.
And a different additive package, with a ton of Moly, like you would find in a Redline High Performance or Amsoil Signature Series.

If you want a Group IV/V base with a stout additive package with plenty of Moly, Redline HP, Amsoil SS, or even the newcomer, High Performance Lubricants.

But Amsoil SS and Redline HP are not available in 0w-16 (yet)

TGMO is bottled by a different division of Mobil 1, if you were to compare it to another mobil product off the shelf it'd probably be closer to Mobil Full Synthetic or Mobil Super Synthetic, but like a tier above that.

TGMO is bottled by a different division of Mobil 1, if you were to compare it to another mobil product off the shelf it'd probably be closer to Mobil Full Synthetic or Mobil Super Synthetic, but like a tier above that.
Just a correction:
Mobil 1 is a specific family of products produced by ExxonMobil, under the Mobil oil moniker. There are other families of oil under that same moniker and that includes the Mobil Super series.

TGMO is bottled by ExxonMobil, at least in North America, or has been in the past. It was blended nothing like your typical Mobil products, from any of the families. This is likely because it was produced to Toyota's specs and not a development of XOM's lab.

Back