How does my plan of attack look

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently running Redline 5W30 in my BMW V8 4.4L X5. Changed oil at at 3,500miles and also at 7,000 miles with Redline 5W30. I'm trying to see what oil works best with the engine.

Come Spring, I plan to change the oil out again with Redline 5W30 but with LC in the oil. I will run a UOA off this oil change and the next.

In the following order, I'm planning this also

GC 0W30
GC 0W30
GC 0W30 - UOA
GC 0W30 with LC - UOA
Amsoil 2K 0W30
Amsoil 2K 0W30
Amsoil 2K 0W30 - UOA
Amsoil 2K 0W30 with LC - UOA

and decide then or possibly try out Mobil *SUV* oil when it comes out. Does this look about right. Should I be getting a TBN for all of my UOA test or just a TBN for my 2nd UOA of each particular Oil that I am testing.

So many oils-so little time.
grin.gif
I don't see anything wrong with it. I personally like the TBN (but then again I'm an information junkie
grin.gif

Well, if you are going to try to make it that exact, then try to make the UOA's on the gc and mobil from about the same weather and driving conditions.

Looks like a good plan but why not do UOAs on all of the intervals? I'm a sucker for more info, and even if the first run with a different oil doesn't always show it's full potential yet, it's still good info to have. I just can't imagine changing my oil without drawing a sample of it!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back