How does Champion compare to M1, Wix, Amsoil, etc

EEE

Been obsessively trying to learn more about oil filters. What is the general consensus on Champion filters (the black ones....guess the white ones are lower end??)

How do they compare to M1, wix and others?

Been obsessively trying to learn more about oil filters. What is the general consensus on Champion filters (the black ones....guess the white ones are lower end??)

How do they compare to M1, wix and others?
Champion filters are black.
Champion Labs or Champ Labs or just plain Champ are white.
These are two distinctly different companies.
First Brands acquired Champion Labs and also owns FRAM.
I have no idea who makes the black Champion filters.
If I am wrong on the black Champion filters then, I can take being corrected.

Mobil 1 filters are now being made by Purolator. Hard pass for me.
WIX/NAPA Gold is usually my top choice other than OEM.
FRAM Ultra Guard and Tough Guard are good filters. I use them on my Zero Turn and Kawasaki Mule.

Mobil 1 filters are now being made by Purolator. Hard pass for me.
WIX/NAPA Gold is usually my top choice other than OEM.
FRAM Ultra Guard and Tough Guard are good filters. I use them on my Zero Turn and Kawasaki Mule.
Thanks. M1 went to purolator when they added the "A" at the end of the number and green box?

I may try Champion or Wix next time.

Thanks. M1 went to purolator when they added the "A" at the end of the number and green box?

I may try Champion or Wix next time.
You may want to do some searching on this forum about the Champion filters. They are not a brand I’m familiar with. I haven’t used them and probably won’t.
WIX and NAPA Gold are the same filters.
I think Mobil 1 with the green box and “A” added to the end were still being made by Champion Labs. They just recently switched to Purolator. I used the Champion Labs made Mobil 1 filters. They were a decent filter.

The black Champion Federal Mogul (with the Champion spark plug logo) are made in Mexico by a contract manufacturer, pretty sure it’s not Mann or First Brands affiliated.

How do they compare to M1, wix (Amsoil) and others?
Realize that Mobil and Amsoil don't make filters, they just have someone else's off-the-shelf filter re-branded with their name, sticker, or paint job. No one is making "special" filters for either company either. It simply can't be justified from a cost aspect. Now, that's not to say Mobil or Amsoil aren't using another company's "premium" or mid-range filter as their own.

The black Champion Federal Mogul (with the Champion spark plug logo) are made in Mexico by a contract manufacturer, pretty sure it’s not Mann or First Brands affiliated.
I bought several of the black Champion filters (Federal Mogul) for my Ford Duratecs (3614 size) when Rockauto had them on 'CLEARANCE'. When I dissected one after use it looked well made but I didn't find the media to be anything special (like the Fram Ultra, Royal Purple etc...) despite the packaging saying they are a long-life filter....of course I could be wrong as I'm going only by looks and feel.....

I know I repeat myself but the most important thing an oil filter can do is not fail. The Air filter is the most important filter on an engine .

I know I repeat myself but the most important thing an oil filter can do is not fail. The Air filter is the most important filter on an engine .
I have been using K&N on one car and a Fram or OEM on the other.

Back