How do you wear the in the ear canal earbuds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to get them to stay in. I used the smallest rubber end and have to really jam them in, but still only get good bass if I press it very firmly. What is the deal? Do you have to lube them with vasoline first?

I found I can't wear them and they aren't for everyone . I much prefer the mini headphones that clip over your ear or a band that goes around the back of your head and over your ears , much more comfortable , sound great and you are still able to hear over the music at lower volumes .

My understanding is that ear buds are more likely to cause hearing damage .

NO, don't lube them. They really won't stay in then. You need to change the sizes of the rubber earbud.

If yours didn't come with different sizes, you need to buy some that come with at least 3 different pair of changeable buds.

Here is my crudely made ear bud diagram:

790px-Ear-anatomy-text-small-ensvg.png

What works for me and may work for you is to insert the ear bud in an upward direction into your ear canal. Your ear canal is at a slightly upward angle.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
I can't seem to get them to stay in. I used the smallest rubber end and have to really jam them in, but still only get good bass if I press it very firmly. What is the deal? Do you have to lube them with vasoline first?

These in-ear earphones aren't for everyone. I've tried a number of them, different makes, different foam sizes, and I couldn't get any of them to seal properly for good bass. My ears would also start hurting with them in. I guess my ear canals are just structured unusually. I went back to using over the ear full size headphones. Better sound, better comfort.

Your using skinny ones?

That may be the issue, you need larger foamies.

I have JVC marshmellow ear buds, and install these foamie replacments from radio shack, it was like $15 for 3 sets.

THese have been the best comfort, and stability. But Im not trying to listen to ghetto music for loud boom.

I have had a pair of Etymotic ER6i earbuds for about 7 years now. The best strategy is to pull your earlobe up at a diagonal and possibly open your mouth (moves the jawbone) while putting them in. The Etymotics have several different earpieces to help with a custom fit.

They'll feel a bit uncomfortable at first but you'll get used to it. It also helps to clean your ears thoroughly each morning.

Good advice, I'll try the earlobe pull and jaw opening, as well as upward angle. I went to the smallest size and could get it part way in only. But with these new techniques maybe it will work.

I have been using an ear clip single ear unit that combines the two channels into mono. I like it because I can still talk to people and hear what is going on, whereas having both ears wired up makes it very hard to hear other things.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: dparm
...The best strategy is to pull your earlobe up at a diagonal and possibly open your mouth (moves the jawbone) while putting them in...

That's what I do and it works for me. I love my JVC in-ear Marshmallows.

Gonna try it. Hope it works because the better bass would be well worth it. Don't think the other kind of ear buds can put out that kind of bass. Also with the in the ear type, my wife and kids won't hear when the harmonica is playing.

Well so far I can only get these things into my ears if I use the smallest cover and then cut off the outside. I must have tiny earholes. Also, I find the bass is not so good, perhaps am buying cheapo buds though.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Gonna try it. Hope it works because the better bass would be well worth it. Don't think the other kind of ear buds can put out that kind of bass. Also with the in the ear type, my wife and kids won't hear when the harmonica is playing.

Note to self: Not sticking ear buds in my ears and cranking up the bass is one reason why, at 67, I still have perfect hearing.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Note to self: Not sticking ear buds in my ears and cranking up the bass is one reason why, at 67, I still have perfect hearing.
No matter, I have poor hearing in the left ear caused by door speaker in my pickup in the 70s/80s. I run a single ear bud in the bad ear. Right ear is good and stays good.

To Quattro Pete: I don't recall brand of in the ear buds. Tried cheap ones that came with MP3 players and one name brand ($5 special). Guess you have to pay more for good ones, but unless I am sure I can use them, won't pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back