How do you feel when you read >150k post ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Jeepster_nut:
I'm pushing the 800,000 mile mark on my Jeep Cherokee with the straight 6 motor. I always used dino. It's in one of these high mileage posts, somewhere on here...

Rock on and long live the 4.0! I'm only at 156k on my Cherokee, but would prefer to drive it rather than the 20k 04 Neon I bought for a daily driver to fight the fuel price blues. Runs like a champ, ARX is taking care of the sludgie mess left by the previous owner, and doesn't leak or burn any oil. People look at me funny when I tell them that the Jeep will see 300k+ easy, but thanks to your example I can expect so much more...

I, too, cannot imagine buying a vehicle that didn't make 150,000 miles easily.

I see people all the time with the latest econo car and figure that plenty of them don't keep them past five years. In thirty years even a gas-guzzler is cheaper than this pattern.

quote:

Originally posted by 06RANGER:
vad,
You're a synthetic guy though, right?

Yes, but that car's been mostly on the dino diet.
At the 200K mark I've removed the valve cover and found quite a bit of dry sludge underneath.

I would be very upset with any modern vehicle that did not make it to at least 150K if it had received the basic recommended maintenence using API dino and other industry spec fluids and filters. 150K should be expected, not praised. Most of this business of trying to pick the 'perfect oil' is splitting hairs.

quote:

Originally posted by jeepman:

quote:

Originally posted by Jeepster_nut:
I'm pushing the 800,000 mile mark on my Jeep Cherokee with the straight 6 motor. I always used dino. It's in one of these high mileage posts, somewhere on here...

Rock on and long live the 4.0! I'm only at 156k on my Cherokee, but would prefer to drive it rather than the 20k 04 Neon I bought for a daily driver to fight the fuel price blues. Runs like a champ, ARX is taking care of the sludgie mess left by the previous owner, and doesn't leak or burn any oil. People look at me funny when I tell them that the Jeep will see 300k+ easy, but thanks to your example I can expect so much more...

Yea, the 4.0 is a classic American engine
grin.gif
They have been around for years, virtually unchanged. By no means is my Jeep showroom condition, but it still runs! I'm not sure where the 1 quart every 2-3k miles goes, but it does use some oil. I think its a combination of leaking rear main, leaking passenger side head gasket, and leaking valve cover.
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back