How do Carhartt Bibs fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Im in the process of purchasing a pair of unlined Carhartt bib overalls and I was wondering how exactly the sizing works. I normally wear size 36x29 or 36x30 in jeans. I've been told to buy 3 or 4 sizes bigger in waist and 1 or 2 sizes bigger in bibs. I tried a pair of 38x30 on with a t-shirt, sweatshirt, and jeans and they seemed to fit okay. What size should I be looking at? Thanks!

Are you wearing them over clothes or in place of pants? By the way...washing Carhartts loosens the weave. They don't keep you as warm after they're washed.

I can't speak for the cotton duck bibs, but I wear a 36 pant and have three sets of denim bibs, all of which are 38. If I wear heavier clothing underneath or just want some extra room, I just unbotton the top button on the sides.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They're fine as long as you never kneel down or bend over.

Ummm, what?

renegade, don't buy at farm stores or big box stores. Find a clothing store staffed by actual people, not droids. If you were in Boone, I'd recommend one- at any rate, talk to them about who is wearing it, what size street clothing they wear (or their height/width measurements), what will be worn under, ect... They WILL shrink when washed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back