How did the oil filter perception change.

Purpose of a filter is to filter is to FILTER Fram and Amsoil do it best. The Fram Titanium has wire mesh.
Maybe the Titanium does, maybe it doesn't-there have been reports of mesh-less Titaniums in the field. Too expensive even with a code when you can buy 3 cheap ones for the same price & just change them more often.

Maybe the Titanium does, maybe it doesn't-there have been reports of mesh-less Titaniums in the field. Too expensive even with a code when you can buy 3 cheap ones for the same price & just change them more often.
I look at oil filters as I do dog food. Try to get an excellent one, but back off where marginal benefit < marginal cost.

I'm going to change the oil more often than the mfg requires, so if I were to simply buy the most expensive filter that money can buy, then I'm throwing away more money simply because I'm tossing it before it's spent.

At any rate since I've been using WIX and WIX XP for 20 years, there has to be a reason to rethink that and pivot. I am not up on what current prices are either, since I bought in bulk between 2010 and 2018.

Back