How are you most likely to buy your oil?

it depends on the car.

For cars where it take exactly 5 quarts, or near enough where I can just dump it in, then buy the jug.

Otherwise, individual quarts. If the car only needs 4 qt, I'd rather have an unopen quart bottle than a big jug with hardly anything in it :D

it depends on the car.

For cars where it take exactly 5 quarts, or near enough where I can just dump it in, then buy the jug.

Otherwise, individual quarts. If the car only needs 4 qt, I'd rather have an unopen quart bottle than a big jug with hardly anything in it :D
I hate the 1/2 qt in a 5 qt thing.

5qt jugs. My car calls for 10 qts so I dump in two containers. Wife’s car calls for 5 qts so just one container. Easy and no leftovers besides a quart used for top-off when necessary.

5qt jug is cheapest per quart, so I do that. But I generally only shop at Walmart, so I'm likely missing out on some deal someplace else.

I used to prefer single quart bottles, but since I have to dump the waste oil back into the containers, I think I now prefer the 5qt jugs instead.

5qt/5l jugs when I buy at the store but my LM kits I order from FCP will have the exact volume so 1qt/l as well. HPL stuff I use I went with the gal containers this past go around.

So do you actually send the oil back to FCP too? I did a LM kit once with the R but was switching to MOTUL on the next one but always wondered about that, cost savings after shipping back.

I buy jugs and quarts due to different specs between vehicles and extremely metric sump fills. 8.1L? Really? LOL

Whatever is the lowest cost per unit volume but I'd never go up to a pail or a drum. Lately that has been jugs but I prefer the packaging convenience of the quart (litre for where I live) containers if I had a choice.
Forgot a pail

Maybe I'm just cheap, but don't you waste more oil with, say 5 individual quarts vs 1 full 5 quart jug?
In science class we learned to use the appropriate measuring device for the best accuracy.

Back