How Are The Mopar And Motorcraft Filters Lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious how are the Mopar and Motorcraft filters lately? When we rebuild engines we used to like to use the filters that the dealers used. For the fords and Mercurys we liked to use the Motorcraft and the Chryslers, Plymouth and Dodge we liked to use the Mopar filters..We used the name brand because it just looked nice and it sort of put the finishing touches on the new looking engines. We stopped using them because of all the tear issues and other problems with the mother brand. Anyone have any of the latest input on them ?

Originally Posted By: Noey
I believe the MC are not subject to the same tears as the Purolators.

There have been a few torn motorcrafts...

And depending on your location, and the part #, some of the mopars are wix...

I've been using Motorcraft filters all through the whole Purolator tearing fiasco. I've been cutting them open and never had one with any tears. (Had a few PureOnes too, and they didn't tear either)

Seen one or two MC on BITOG with tears, but overall I think they are one of the best filters for the $$ in the standard cellulose variety. Most are under $5 and include a silicone ADBV (most sub $5 filters use nitrile).

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
Seen one or two MC on BITOG with tears, but overall I think they are one of the best filters for the $$ in the standard cellulose variety. Most are under $5 and include a silicone ADBV (most sub $5 filters use nitrile).

^^^

Definitely. For the money, you can't beat them.

My 2010 Fusion specs a 7500 mile OCI, and I run FL400s filters without any concern.

I also like that they are white on the end. I can write the car's mileage and date the filter was put into service, right on the end with a Sharpie marker, as well as notate the mileage when removed on the side. This way I can just look at any filter and determine how many miles were on the filter.

Well, I took a Mopar filter off of a Compass(2015) today and cut it open, had 6,500 miles on it. Steel center tube but had flutes or slits like champ labs ph 2867/2876 filters have. No tears and didn't get pics or date code. I have a FL500S from neighbors 2013' Suburban used for 7,500 miles. Has date code on some end of filter, I'll post it when I can.

They are doing well, safely out of reach of a ten foot pole. They may come back in favor if their maker shows some concern, and explains what they have done to guarantee no more torn media.

I use MC filters on both Fords. The Fusion has a cartridge filter and I have never seen any problem with the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back