Hotshot's says bring any oil head to head against Secret Black Diamond Outlaw Oil 15w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only product they have that I have any interest at all would be there transmission restore additive. Apparently it uses a group 5 and I may not be able to get any more of the BG CVT 303 additive. They seem more geared towards diesel engines.

Gotta have that boutique oil for the diesel bro dozers. :ROFLMAO: The oil won't matter when they blow the engine from running drag race tunes on the street.
A dash of "Hot Shot" on this bro'd piston and it'll be good as new!
isbfailure01.jpg

Totally.

Lots of smart guys can buy and blend now. HPL comes to mind.

They should put up some actual numbers for us to look at so we can see if its real or state fair stuff.
It seems like anyone with enough capital can build a facility and hire folks with industry experience (e.g. ex-additive supplier employees) and build their own blend. Obviously you need a lot of capital and must be able to find the talent to come work for you. Once you deviate from the "established recipes" set forth by the additive suppliers, you are on your own. As a consumer, as @Tom NJ once said, it becomes a relationship of trust.

This would be fun but I would actually like to see a competition style like what @projectfarm did on youtube

this includes
  • freezing pour point
  • wear scar test
  • heat and evaporation test
  • oil analysis comparison

I want to see what this hotshot's nano technology FR3 is about and if all the additives can prove their point if they can somehow prove that their Blackdiamond Outlaw oil is on top of every oil.

You realize that the Project Farm "tests" are useless beyond entertainment, right?

unless someone here can do better than project farm?
Why would anyone here wish to do that? What previously untested or unknown property of motor oil is not already examined through standardized tests?

• freezing pour point
  • wear scar test
  • heat and evaporation test
  • oil analysis comparison

Pour point is an outdated and inferior test for winter performance. Why?
Wear scar test is useless here. Why?
Heat and evaporation test? You mean a Noack volatility test?
Oil analysis comparison. You mean an amateur comparison of $30 spectrographic analyses? Why?

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about with any of this nor do you have any knowledge of what constitutes actual and substantive tests on motor oils that yield significant results. Garbage thread comments to go with the garbage video.

yup entertainment is not pure science. but hot shots claims its "Powered by science" lol

unless someone here can do better than project farm?
It wouldn't take much to do better than Project Farm, as I said, it's pure entertainment, the "burn it in a fire" test I mentioned earlier is just as useful.

But, if you want something that's a legit industry test sequence? let's go in on a group buy for the Porsche A40 test, you game? I'm sure @edyvw would be able to arrange getting it done and as well as providing a ballpark on price.

It has since been updated, but if we look at the details of the legacy version:
Porsche A40 (old version):
This test will last 203 hours. The engine, and the oil, will go through:
- 4 times the simulation of 35 hours of summer driving,
- 4 times the simulation of 13.5 hours of winter driving,
- 40 cold starts,
- 5 times the simulation of 1-hour sessions on the “Nürburgring” racetrack,
- 3.5 hours of “running-in” program

Measurements on the engine and on the oil will be done at regular intervals, and the following parameter will be taken into account to grant the approval or not:
- torque curve (internal friction),
- oxidation of the oil,
- Piston cleanliness and ring sticking,
- Valve train wear protection. Cam & tappet wear must be less than 10 μm.
- Engine cleanliness and sludge: after 203 hours, no deposits must be visible.
- Bearing wear protection: visual rating according to Porsche in-house method.

We have had a number of threads on this FR3, Hotshot, TBN Booster, etc., and the testing data has never been provided to support any of the claims listed, so this thread is closed.

If and when any valid testing data does appear, this thread may be reopened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back