Hot pepper/pepper sauces

Good Afternoon BITOGERS. I grew up loving real hot foods, still do. I decided to try some “pepper sauces”. I love both of these sauces. Don’t really care for franks reshot or McIlhenny Brand stuff at all.

highly recommend these two as well as Melindas hot sauces.

Attachments

• AD3359E9-6829-41FD-97FA-81992B856677.jpeg
    AD3359E9-6829-41FD-97FA-81992B856677.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 09FA86D1-91F9-4435-84DA-89946E8F2544.jpeg
    09FA86D1-91F9-4435-84DA-89946E8F2544.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 66
I go through a bottle of that scotch bonnet sauce every two weeks, give or take.

Has a great heat and flavor and we're growing scotch bonnets next year!

We went out to eat Mexican one night and they had two salsas. One regular and one extra hot. She was eating the extra hot like it was nothing. I tried one tiny bite of it and it literally was so hot that I couldn't taste my food after that haha!

Being from Buffalo, I only allow Frank's in my fridge.
I don't hate Tabasco, and when Cholula is the only option, I'm down with that also.

Sambal Oelek. Same rooster on the bottle as Sriracha but waaay hotter. Most spicy pickles are really pretty mild but a few drops of this stuff in a jar of bread and butter pickles can be blistering. Use the same pickle juice on jar after jar. It never goes away. If you didn't know and ate a big dab on a chip you might have to go to the ER.

Sambal Oelek. Same rooster on the bottle as Sriracha but waaay hotter. Most spicy pickles are really pretty mild but a few drops of this stuff in a jar of bread and butter pickles can be blistering. Use the same pickle juice on jar after jar. It never goes away. If you didn't know and ate a big dab on a chip you might have to go to the ER.

I'm a big fan of the Chili Garlic Sauce from the rooster brand. It's hotter than Sriracha but not nearly as hot as what you're describing. I was in an Asian grocer a few years ago and they sold 3 or 4 brands of Sriracha including the rooster brand. I bought one of each to try them out. I preferred the rooster. While in line, I chatted with an American guy who was buying the rooster brand Sriracha. Told me his wife was Asian and that is what she told him to buy.

Back