hot new Moparts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope those 4.0 Jeep enthusiasts take note at the end of this announcement!

New Crate Engines, Long Blocks and Aluminum HEMI® Engine Blocks for Racing or Off-road Applications

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jan 7, 2010 - Mopar will get racing and off-road enthusiasts buzzing with its enhanced lineup of engines and components, which includes the industry’s first aluminum HEMI® engine blocks. Mopar will offer three aluminum versions based on the popular 6.1-liter block, all of which are up to 98 pounds lighter than the cast-iron production version found in the company’s SRT8® products.

The first all-aluminum option is a 6.1-liter HEMI block—a direct replacement for the factory production cast-iron 6.1-liter HEMI engine block. The second option is prepped for a 426 cubic-inch (~6.9-liter) engine and the third option is an engine-builder’s special or “X Block,” which has rough-machined bores that allow for up to 468 cubic inches (~7.6-liter).

Beyond the new aluminum HEMI engine blocks, Mopar will continue to support the traditional enthusiast with a broad range of HEMI crate engines including the 6.1-liter V-8, 5.7-liter V-8, 426 cubic-inch V-8, 472 cubic-inch V-8, 528 cubic-inch V-8, plus a new 572 cubic-inch V-8. With 650 horsepower and a monstrous 660 lb.-ft. of torque, the 572 cubic-inch HEMI is the centerpiece of Mopar’s crate engine program. It continues the heritage of the 1960s HEMI engines made popular in vehicles including the Plymouth Barracuda “HEMI ’Cuda,” Plymouth Satellite and Dodge Charger.

Mopar also will introduce a new 4.7-liter I-6 Stroker long block, a powerful upgrade for the 4.0-liter I-6 made famous in Jeep vehicles built from 1991-2006. Because off-road enthusiasts appreciated the dependability and performance of the previous 4.0-liter engine, Mopar developed a more powerful engine that delivers an expected 265 hp and 290 lb.-ft of torque. The engine will fit in any Jeep vehicle previously equipped with the 4.0-liter I-6 engine.

Fiat, I love thee.
Daimler, ha, uhhh, yeah.

Seems like fiat is more into the consumer and quality versus Daimler in for the $$

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jan 7, 2010 - Mopar will get racing and off-road enthusiasts buzzing with its enhanced lineup of engines and components

4 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back