Horn Blowers Beware

It's the price you pay for having a cop who can also wreck a methed out perp when need be. This world ain't pretty, it ain't fair, and it won't conform to anyone's moral compass the way they'd like.

Also, on a technical note, steroid tests are $250-300 per pop. How big is the department? How much budget do you want to spend on trying to figure out if someone is hitting the needle every 3 months when you can barely afford body armor and radios? Or would you like to see a tax increase to cover this? How do you logistically propose to make this change?

Years ago, the police department in a nearest major city to me made a big deal about upgrading their side-arms to .40S&W. Not sure if they since switched it back down to some kind of 9mm ? but I believe they had the right idea.

Years ago, the police department in a nearest major city to me made a big deal about upgrading their side-arms to .40S&W. Not sure if they since switched it back down to some kind of 9mm ? but I believe they had the right idea.
.40 was a fad trend. Since, with more and better data and projectiles, 9mm has become the standard.

It's the price you pay for having a cop who can also wreck a methed out perp when need be. This world ain't pretty, it ain't fair, and it won't conform to anyone's moral compass the way they'd like.

I see. So breaking the law to enforce the law is justified. I guess if you take that line of thinking a little further, selling drugs out of the evidence room also OK because one's salary isn't high enough.

Also, on a technical note, steroid tests are $250-300 per pop. How big is the department? How much budget do you want to spend on trying to figure out if someone is hitting the needle every 3 months when you can barely afford body armor and radios? Or would you like to see a tax increase to cover this? How do you logistically propose to make this change?

That's about $1000 per cop per year. How much does it cost to defend against one lawsuit that happened because a cop flipped out on someone?

How much does it cost (those cops are getting taxpayer-funded health insurance) to deal with the increased health problems caused by steroid abuse?

I see. So breaking the law to enforce the law is justified. I guess if you take that line of thinking a little further, selling drugs out of the evidence room also OK because one's salary isn't high enough.

That's about $1000 per cop per year. How much does it cost to defend against one lawsuit that happened because a cop flipped out on someone?

How much does it cost (those cops are getting taxpayer-funded health insurance) to deal with the increased health problems caused by steroid abuse?
Just because something is not okay doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. Morality is subjective by its very definition. What I do/don't support is irrelevant.

Organizations are not forward thinking, they are reactive. They will save money any way they can, and let the future worry about itself, then when they have an issue, they will over-react to it. It's just the way organizations work.

Most of the cost of a drug testing program would be fighting the union to get to the point where the cop who used drugs can be actually fired, then recruiting and training a (hopefully) clean replacement. So it makes economic sense not to test.

Reactions: Ws6
The problem is that the police, for better or worse, reflect the culture and society that they are a part of. If that culture/society is corrupt, so will be the police.
100%. THIS! It's why I am amused when people move to a crooked area full of crime and are shocked when the PD is the same. I used to live in a place like this. Now, I live in an area where the populace is of my mindset, and surprise, so are the cops!

100%. THIS! It's why I am amused when people move to a crooked area full of crime and are shocked when the PD is the same. I used to live in a place like this. Now, I live in an area where the populace is of my mindset, and surprise, so are the cops!
It's kind of amazing, isn't it, how economic decline, crime, and government corruption all sort of seem to go together, to the point where it's hard to even figure out which came first.

It's kind of amazing, isn't it, how economic decline, crime, and government corruption all sort of seem to go together, to the point where it's hard to even figure out which came first.
The problem is that the police, for better or worse, reflect the culture and society that they are a part of. If that culture/society is corrupt, so will be the police.
I am SO glad that other people think the same!

I don't like horn blowing unless it is necessary because you may get a bullet. You know the drivers that hit the horn instantly as the light is turning green... Yeah them.

Well I just had a rare occurrence for me. I blew my horn 35 minutes ago and endured a complete fiasco...
Yeah a real fiasco. Oh no..😳

Silver Ford Explorer causes me to make a radical evasive maneuver to
Avoid being T boned. Car was going too fast and never slowed down.
I gave him the horn instantly right after I got out of the situation.

Well he didn't take kindly to the insult and spun around and came after me.
Yeah caught me leaving the parking lot. Chases me down on the road as I wasn't speeding away so I pick the first area to pull over. He gets out of his vehicle totally ticked off.
Guess who it was? A cop....

Yeah and he was totally rambling and upset. Started telling me all the tickets I was going to get and would ask me a question and then totally distort it and talk over me. Then he says I have been drinking and asked me how many I had. Whips out the flashlight and you know how that goes. I told him I don't drink and feel free to search my car.
Asks for my license and I had it ready and he is still trying to twist my words and then starts on all the tickets and hey buddy it's all on camera. I said then the judge will see how you would have hit me if I didn't get out of your way.
He thinks and then asks if i have been arrested etc. Told him no and I never even had a violation.
He looks at my license again and says oh I know you and where you live. Starts cooling off and tells me he is letting me off with a verbal warning for the 20 bogus violations which honestly I appreciated because he could rack me up if he wanted to. Not that I did any of it.

So in the end he cools off... And wants to shake my hand and I tell him the cv19 nonsense and he doesn't believe in it and forces me to shake his hand. I did.
This is all true..... Avoid the horn especially at night.....geez...

I was polite but got stern as he tried
to rack me up and put words in my mouth. In the end the video would have showed that this was all about nothing but that dang horn....
It was not a unmarked car but couldn't see it was a cop until he lit me up later on as i was leaving the parking lot. Enough drama for one day.

Not sure why you tell a cop to "feel free to search my car"...that is slave speak.
I have a BIL that is a state trooper and a brother who is a state prison system major BTW. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

"Training Days"

I don't like horn blowing unless it is necessary because you may get a bullet. You know the drivers that hit the horn instantly as the light is turning green... Yeah them.

Well I just had a rare occurrence for me. I blew my horn 35 minutes ago and endured a complete fiasco...
Yeah a real fiasco. Oh no..😳

Silver Ford Explorer causes me to make a radical evasive maneuver to
Avoid being T boned. Car was going too fast and never slowed down.
I gave him the horn instantly right after I got out of the situation.

Well he didn't take kindly to the insult and spun around and came after me.
Yeah caught me leaving the parking lot. Chases me down on the road as I wasn't speeding away so I pick the first area to pull over. He gets out of his vehicle totally ticked off.
Guess who it was? A cop....

Yeah and he was totally rambling and upset. Started telling me all the tickets I was going to get and would ask me a question and then totally distort it and talk over me. Then he says I have been drinking and asked me how many I had. Whips out the flashlight and you know how that goes. I told him I don't drink and feel free to search my car.
Asks for my license and I had it ready and he is still trying to twist my words and then starts on all the tickets and hey buddy it's all on camera. I said then the judge will see how you would have hit me if I didn't get out of your way.
He thinks and then asks if i have been arrested etc. Told him no and I never even had a violation.
He looks at my license again and says oh I know you and where you live. Starts cooling off and tells me he is letting me off with a verbal warning for the 20 bogus violations which honestly I appreciated because he could rack me up if he wanted to. Not that I did any of it.

So in the end he cools off... And wants to shake my hand and I tell him the cv19 nonsense and he doesn't believe in it and forces me to shake his hand. I did.
This is all true..... Avoid the horn especially at night.....geez...

I was polite but got stern as he tried
to rack me up and put words in my mouth. In the end the video would have showed that this was all about nothing but that dang horn....
It was not a unmarked car but couldn't see it was a cop until he lit me up later on as i was leaving the parking lot. Enough drama for one day.

As to drunk police.. It may not happen all the time, but it does happen.

I am starting to wonder if the TWO times the State Police flea up behind me with the headlights off (and once got on their intercom "Should have got out of the way" or something) they may have been drunk.

How frequently would be the question. Anything is possible. (These would be the cops that catch you, and let you go. Either nice or drunk.. either one may.)

As to drunk police.. It may not happen all the time, but it does happen.

I am starting to wonder if the TWO times the State Police flea up behind me with the headlights off (and once got on their intercom "Should have got out of the way" or something) they may have been drunk.

How frequently would be the question. Anything is possible. (These would be the cops that catch you, and let you go. Either nice or drunk.. either one may.)

Many years ago I was a member of a gym and the police took it over.
It was open 24/7 and the cops used it as a club and just about every weekend one would get in trouble. Either drunk or in an accident and they would call the gym and the other cops would go get them out of it. Nothing new.

I've never had a problem in Kentucky but part of me thinks these guys brought it on themselves...

What you gotta understand about cops is that 90% of their interactions are with the most worthless 10% of society. Also, their careers are often beset by verbal, psychological, and often physical violence. Trust me, if you have a job like this, it can make you a cold person real fast like. Often it can make people "take it out" on others, as well. This isn't an excuse or a blank check, but it IS cause/effect. It's just how it goes, whether you think it's "Right" or "Moral" or not really doesn't amount to much.

I've never had a problem in Kentucky but part of me thinks these guys brought it on themselves...

It would be one thing if they were caught speeding, and yeah they were probably driving in a more “spirited” manner and people called them in, but ticketing them for a sticker that appears to be above the AS-1 line is ridiculous. Those cops were fishing for any reason to give a bunch of exotic cars a ticket. I could probably drive through Kentucky with a similar sticker on my windshield and never get pulled over.

Last edited:
Back