Horn Blowers Beware

I bet the cop profiled her and made up the plate thing as a “cop out”.
How could he have profiled her if he couldn't see inside because of the dark tint? She probably has state government tags on her car, and he'd never seen them. Ran the plate and for whatever reason they didn't come up on NCIC/XCIC. So he checked. If you look at the bodycam again, he didn't even know who she was.

Now, if someone honks their horn at me, I usually either stop or go slower. Same with tailgating. And I do it with the cruise, too, since when you tap your brake lights it is the same whether it's tap or slam so. Since it is an unsafe situation anyway.

The tailgaters know it is an Automatic At-Fault if they hit, so, just remember, they don't want to have an accident. Works for truckers, too.. ;) (They really think you are going to move!) Just make sure there is room where they can ultimately pass you, since there is the chance they will act all stupid when they get in front of you. Courtesy is leaving them room to go around. Not getting out of their way. Always have to know when to break it off, and how far to take it.

Only ever had these Road Rage type of situations in the hood and with.. yeah, mostly ghetto people (though not always.) Loud mouth people stuff. And my car was experiencing some throttle delay, so, that lasted longer than it had to. No police around when that happens, since it could easily be considered reckless. I don't like it, either...
And that is what escalates a situation. If someone is honking at you, chances are its because you are doing something wrong. Be it inattention, cut in front of, didn't see, whatever. Only the pricks honk just to honk, and its best not to provoke them by slowing or stopping them. You never know just what crazy you might deal with. As for tailgating, if you start doing 'brake checks' on them, and they hit you, and especially if they have a dash cam, you will be at fault, not them. Cops consider that provocation and it can escalate from there. Be careful what you do out there.

That's not anyone I would want to work with. If he can't keep his kewl with such a minor situation like you presented I can only imaging his actions (or lack thereof) during a critical incident.

This is the demeanor you want in a critical incident.

Unfortunately, there are always a few bad apples wearing a badge who give the many good officers a bad image. I hope the first thing you did when it was all over was use the hand sanitizer.

And that is what escalates a situation. If someone is honking at you, chances are its because you are doing something wrong. Be it inattention, cut in front of, didn't see, whatever. Only the pricks honk just to honk, and its best not to provoke them by slowing or stopping them. You never know just what crazy you might deal with. As for tailgating, if you start doing 'brake checks' on them, and they hit you, and especially if they have a dash cam, you will be at fault, not them. Cops consider that provocation and it can escalate from there. Be careful what you do out there.

True .. and that is exactly the situation I'm describing as to me describing what I do to/with them. When they honk like just because.

Honestly though, sometimes police just have to do their job and it isn't anything personal against you.

Here is how you do NOT want to act in a police encounter (even if you did nothing wrong to predicate the encounter, just saying. Still don't want to act like this guy.)

Honestly though, sometimes police just have to do their job and it isn't anything personal against you.

Here is how you do NOT want to act in a police encounter (even if you did nothing wrong to predicate the encounter, just saying. Still don't want to act like this guy.)

The PO totally should have handled that differently, as well. Totally unacceptable, with no de-escalation attempted.

Trying to present both sides here.

Unless that site is totally biased (quite possible), there’s got to be a better example of a situation wherein the officer was reasonable and did everything to deescalate the situation and the civilian was still being unreasonable. This example showed an overly aggressive and accusatory officer handling a surprised and defensive man very poorly. I can only guess why and whether the interaction would have been different were the other person a young woman instead of a big scary [man]

Unless that site is totally biased (quite possible), there’s got to be a better example of a situation wherein the officer was reasonable and did everything to deescalate the situation and the civilian was still being unreasonable. This example showed an overly aggressive and accusatory officer handling a surprised and defensive man very poorly. I can only guess why and whether the interaction would have been different were the other person a young woman instead of a big scary [man]

I would agree with you. I'm a little short on time, as was posting from work... The reason that video came to mind was that the guy didn't do anything to warrant attention, seems to have been racially profiled by a body shopper at that store ("the woman" that called police); and that is why I posted it.. I, personally, feel like all the guy would have had to do was say "that's my car, here is the registration" or something and it would have went away. I totally understand why the guy was upset.

As to a better example? I agree, surely there could be one.

Again, short on time as am at work but let's not say anyone is being anti-police. I think a lot of them are nice and perhaps deal with a lot of rudeness etc.

The situation with many people is they do not know what the proper procedure is when being "lit" up. You should slow down and then find the most safe and convenient spot to pull over. If later he asks why you didn't pull over immediately, simply explain you were trying to find a safe and convenient spot to do so.

Put both hands on the steering wheel. When the officer comes up to car he will ask you roll down your window, but before doing that make sure it is a valid uniform with a badge for the local police force.

Most LEO's will then give you a reason for pulling you over. This is the probable cause for stopping you. Sometimes they will ask you if you know why they did so. Answer honestly as in; "no sir I have no idea why you did so," or "could it possibly be that amber-red light situation back there?" :) Honesty can diffuse many situations.

Only produce the papers he asks for and when doing so tell him where they are located and then get the papers or DL.

If you "carry" (as I always do), produce your valid CCP at the same time along with your DL as most states and municipalities require you to do so.

I have to relate a somewhat humorous situation the last time I was lit up. i did as the above, rolled down the window when asked, and he asked if I knew why I was being pulled over and and I said, "no sir I really don't." He then stated I left the gas station and he never saw me 'buckle-up.' I looked down and sure enough, I had not as yet put on my seatbelt. "Oh mannn, you're right - I never did buckle up." so I gave him my DL as requested and he went back and did a 'check.' He came back within about 20 seconds and said he would only give me a verbal warning and I then 'buckled' up and thanked him. I then remembered the CCP and said, "Oh, by the way, I am carrying and I forgot to give you this as well, my CCP." He said, "I figured so with all the Pro-Gun stickers on your bumper, and I don't need to see it, but thanks. Drive safe!" :D

if you ever have the time and or opportunity I would suggest contacting your local police and do some minor training for a citizens "ride along" some evening. Then you can get an idea with what the LEO's have to contend.

No one is above the law, not even States Attorneys.

Last edited:
Exactly right ^^^^^^^

Good bad or indifferent... Police runs tags ALL the time... While we are out on the highway...

If Looney's don't like that technology being used that way... Take that technology away from police... And stop telling us that we have no right to a level of privacy IF we dare to go out in public or drive on a public street...
Yep exactly! My childhood friend is a police officer in Dallas. Running tags is not an infringement of your rights and this (AG) woman needs to get over herself. Police will also pull over cars who’s tint looks too dark. He acted completely cordial, professional, and polite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pbm
I talked to a few people tonight and described him and was sent a picture of him. Apparently he has been fired by many depts and has a long history of this activity.
He also recently had a court case were he used excessive force on a female. The list goes on.
Since I don't get stopped by the police I was unaware of him.
I plan to keep far away from him.
My brother is insisting I report him tomorrow.. His son my nephew had a similar incident and he sent me his picture. Same guy.
If this is a on going issue I am surprised he still has a job.

Yep exactly! My childhood friend is a police officer in Dallas. Running tags is not an infringement of your rights and this (AG) woman needs to get over herself. Police will also pull over cars who’s tint looks too dark. He acted completely cordial, professional, and polite.

My issue is, what would have happened if it wasn't the state attorney driving that car. Totally different outcome.

Exactly right ^^^^^^^

Good bad or indifferent... Police runs tags ALL the time... While we are out on the highway...

If Looney's don't like that technology being used that way... Take that technology away from police... And stop telling us that we have no right to a level of privacy IF we dare to go out in public or drive on a public street...

You're talking about Automated License Plate Readers, correct?

Police should be licensed like CDL drivers. Mess up enough and your license is revoked, or your record becomes so "dirty" that no one will hire you. Stuff like this doesn't warrant sending anyone to jail but they need to be in a different career.

My issue is, what would have happened if it wasn't the state attorney driving that car. Totally different outcome.
Police officers don’t give a hoot. When someone starts spewing off who they are,who their daddy is,etc,it’s only going to offend the officer’s intelligence.

Back