Horn Blowers Beware

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I don't like horn blowing unless it is necessary because you may get a bullet. You know the drivers that hit the horn instantly as the light is turning green... Yeah them.

Well I just had a rare occurrence for me. I blew my horn 35 minutes ago and endured a complete fiasco...
Yeah a real fiasco. Oh no..😳

Silver Ford Explorer causes me to make a radical evasive maneuver to
Avoid being T boned. Car was going too fast and never slowed down.
I gave him the horn instantly right after I got out of the situation.

Well he didn't take kindly to the insult and spun around and came after me.
Yeah caught me leaving the parking lot. Chases me down on the road as I wasn't speeding away so I pick the first area to pull over. He gets out of his vehicle totally ticked off.
Guess who it was? A cop....

Yeah and he was totally rambling and upset. Started telling me all the tickets I was going to get and would ask me a question and then totally distort it and talk over me. Then he says I have been drinking and asked me how many I had. Whips out the flashlight and you know how that goes. I told him I don't drink and feel free to search my car.
Asks for my license and I had it ready and he is still trying to twist my words and then starts on all the tickets and hey buddy it's all on camera. I said then the judge will see how you would have hit me if I didn't get out of your way.
He thinks and then asks if i have been arrested etc. Told him no and I never even had a violation.
He looks at my license again and says oh I know you and where you live. Starts cooling off and tells me he is letting me off with a verbal warning for the 20 bogus violations which honestly I appreciated because he could rack me up if he wanted to. Not that I did any of it.

So in the end he cools off... And wants to shake my hand and I tell him the cv19 nonsense and he doesn't believe in it and forces me to shake his hand. I did.
This is all true..... Avoid the horn especially at night.....geez...

I was polite but got stern as he tried
to rack me up and put words in my mouth. In the end the video would have showed that this was all about nothing but that dang horn....
It was not a unmarked car but couldn't see it was a cop until he lit me up later on as i was leaving the parking lot. Enough drama for one day.

Are you sure he was an actual Law Enforcement Officer? There have been documented cases of wanna-be's doing exactly what you described. In those cases, the ones pulled over actually called 911 to indicate they were being stopped under suspicious circumstances. They can confirm your location and if it is an actual officer.

Are you sure he was an actual Law Enforcement Officer? There have been documented cases of wanna-be's doing exactly what you described. In those cases, the ones pulled over actually called 911 to indicate they were being stopped under suspicious circumstances. They can confirm your location and if it is an actual officer.
First thank you all and yes it is a small town with only two officers per shift. The real deal.
Honestly it was very stressful.
And makes you think how bad things can go real fast.
A real bad episode for sure.

I had sheriff's deputy get smart with me one time. I called it in and told the captain what happened and he assured me it would be taken care of and that if I had further problems let him know.

I don't like horn blowing unless it is necessary because you may get a bullet. You know the drivers that hit the horn instantly as the light is turning green... Yeah them.

Well I just had a rare occurrence for me. I blew my horn 35 minutes ago and endured a complete fiasco...
Yeah a real fiasco. Oh no..😳

Silver Ford Explorer causes me to make a radical evasive maneuver to
Avoid being T boned. Car was going too fast and never slowed down.
I gave him the horn instantly right after I got out of the situation.

Well he didn't take kindly to the insult and spun around and came after me.
Yeah caught me leaving the parking lot. Chases me down on the road as I wasn't speeding away so I pick the first area to pull over. He gets out of his vehicle totally ticked off.
Guess who it was? A cop....

Yeah and he was totally rambling and upset. Started telling me all the tickets I was going to get and would ask me a question and then totally distort it and talk over me. Then he says I have been drinking and asked me how many I had. Whips out the flashlight and you know how that goes. I told him I don't drink and feel free to search my car.
Asks for my license and I had it ready and he is still trying to twist my words and then starts on all the tickets and hey buddy it's all on camera. I said then the judge will see how you would have hit me if I didn't get out of your way.
He thinks and then asks if i have been arrested etc. Told him no and I never even had a violation.
He looks at my license again and says oh I know you and where you live. Starts cooling off and tells me he is letting me off with a verbal warning for the 20 bogus violations which honestly I appreciated because he could rack me up if he wanted to. Not that I did any of it.

So in the end he cools off... And wants to shake my hand and I tell him the cv19 nonsense and he doesn't believe in it and forces me to shake his hand. I did.
This is all true..... Avoid the horn especially at night.....geez...

I was polite but got stern as he tried
to rack me up and put words in my mouth. In the end the video would have showed that this was all about nothing but that dang horn....
It was not a unmarked car but couldn't see it was a cop until he lit me up later on as i was leaving the parking lot. Enough drama for one day.
Just watched Unhinged with Russel Crowe. He took extreme offense for horn blowing at him!

I had sheriff's deputy get smart with me one time. I called it in and told the captain what happened and he assured me it would be taken care of and that if I had further problems let him know.
Back in the 70's this was a one horse town of speed traps and all kind of nonsense like ticketing high school kids for speeding on bicycles. Seen it first hand. I'm sure if I complain bad things will come my way on a daily basis...you know.
Thanks though. Very upsetting.

Did you get his name and what department he works for? I’d be making a formal complaint on him pronto. I have several family members in law enforcement and it’s a tough job but this officers actions sound way out of line.

Last edited:
This is where a strategically placed smartphone recording the occurrence would have been handy. That or dashcam.

I've instructed my wife to get her iPhone recording the moment something wonky happens. I also don't plan on exiting the vehicle unless, like the OP, it's a police officer and I'm DIRECTED to exit the vehicle.

OP, were you directed to exit the vehicle?

I would have not spoken to him except to ask for a supervisor. He can rant and rave all he wants.
BINGO! We had a couple clowns like this when i was a MDPD Officer and both got severe discipline for abuse of power. With all the madness going on these days, i don't get the lack of awareness, professionalism or just plain courtesy.

I talked to a few people tonight and described him and was sent a picture of him. Apparently he has been fired by many depts and has a long history of this activity.
He also recently had a court case were he used excessive force on a female. The list goes on.
Since I don't get stopped by the police I was unaware of him.
I plan to keep far away from him.
My brother is insisting I report him tomorrow.. His son my nephew had a similar incident and he sent me his picture. Same guy.

Back