Honda Serpentine Belt Tool Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Critic, you should probably try the wrench out in an engine bay, rather than on the bench. I know it looks like it fits the tensioner perfectly, but the handle might hit some obstructions given its length - like other pulleys, thus limiting your wrench swing.

how much?

Also do you have any pass-through set? I wonder if you could use that as substitute.

Or how about the oldest trick in the book? Doubling up with two combination wrenches?

Originally Posted By: ajchien
Hi Critic, you should probably try the wrench out in an engine bay, rather than on the bench. I know it looks like it fits the tensioner perfectly, but the handle might hit some obstructions given its length - like other pulleys, thus limiting your wrench swing.

I will, though, a few techs I've talked to said this wrench should work perfectly in the referenced applications.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
how much?

Also do you have any pass-through set? I wonder if you could use that as substitute.

Or how about the oldest trick in the book? Doubling up with two combination wrenches?

I'm sure the other tricks may work as well. I do have a pass-thru ratchet that came with my gearwrench serp belt tool kit - but the height of the ratchet + socket is a bit high. Cost of the double-boxed wrench was $18.

can you give the URL of the seller of this one? My combination wrench have offset and there does not seem to be enough clearance at the tensioner. I need the zero-offset one.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

I would get the Snap-On one if possible.

You could have just ordered the Snap-on wrench off their website. SO even has free shipping with online purchases.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?...re&tool=all

Did the Critic -who generally tells other people to buy premium priced products and OE parts- go cheap on this wrench purchase?

You know what they say, "cheap tires zero-degree wrenches are a false economy."

grin.gif

Me buying Snap-On? Ha ha!! Actually, I did make *one* Snap-On purchase. I bought the ratchet repair tool aka thingy to hold the ball and tiny spring in place while putting a ratchet back together. It cost me total of $1.09 including shipping. So I can honestly claim to be a verified Snap-On customer!

Thanks for that ebay link; I was not able to search for it before.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: The Critic

I would get the Snap-On one if possible.

You could have just ordered the Snap-on wrench off their website. SO even has free shipping with online purchases.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?...re&tool=all

Did the Critic -who generally tells other people to buy premium priced products and OE parts- go cheap on this wrench purchase?

You know what they say, "cheap tires zero-degree wrenches are a false economy."

grin.gif

Yeah, I know. I did what I tell people not to do.

I thought I was under a tight timeline to find one; I was unable to find a used one off eBay at a decent price so I bought the cheap one. After using it, I may have to mail it to Vikas so that it won't be seen in my toolbox.
grin.gif

My address is being PM'd to you :) That wrench would be at home with the rest of the HF tool collection!

Actually, don't bother. I'll just send you mine for a reasonable price. I'm done with it.

You were right, it was good idea in theory but in practice that rubber banded joint tried to slip on me because the alternator cable was right there :-( If I really wanted, I could duct tape it.

So the real question now is, did you hate your ebay purchase because it was NOT Snap-On or you hated it because it did not do the job well?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
You were right, it was good idea in theory but in practice that rubber banded joint tried to slip on me because the alternator cable was right there :-( If I really wanted, I could duct tape it.

So the real question now is, did you hate your ebay purchase because it was NOT Snap-On or you hated it because it did not do the job well?

I just don't see myself using this wrench very much in the future. Let me know if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back