Honda recalling 1.5T cars in China - Fuel Dilution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yeti
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I wouldn't worry, it's a Honda.
lol.gif

Those were the exact words from a sales associate when I was looking for a replacement for the Focus last fall.

I laughed out loud; then proceeded to leave the dealership since that's the only statement they could offer for my concerns of long term reliability of DI and turbo.

where are the Honda fanboys to tell us of their high quality vehicles? if this involved a big three product, the thread would already be 10 pages long.maybe it's sinking into their skulls that ALL brands have issues.

You got that right.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Zero need for a turbo in a small Honda engine.

I'd only buy a Honda with 2L non turbo engine.

Exactly why I bought the base model , 2.0 with port fuel injection.
Zero issues with fuel dilution.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I love these kind of statements:

"Honda officials said there had been no reports of accidents. They said the engine oil issue doesn’t affect the engine or the car’s performance."

We know better....

Must be Honda's secret field testing the effects of fuel dilution of 0W-16 down to -10W-4.
laugh.gif

lol.gif

Those were the exact words from a sales associate when I was looking for a replacement for the Focus last fall.

I laughed out loud; then proceeded to leave the dealership since that's the only statement they could offer for my concerns of long term reliability of DI and turbo.

where are the Honda fanboys to tell us of their high quality vehicles? if this involved a big three product, the thread would already be 10 pages long.maybe it's sinking into their skulls that ALL brands have issues.

Honda fan boy here.

I love my 3.0 l Accord. It has way over 200k miles and looks extremely rough externally but the engine still lurrs like a kitten despite the waterpump noise. I am holding off on timing belt change until another 15-20k miles or 3 more years as my driving is limited to 1 mile per day with speed under 30 mph so I want to nurse it a little longer until I know for sure whether it can continue to pass inspection.

With that say, I wouldnt touch the turbo engines in current Honda vehicles as I know there will be issurpes like this and risks of long term reliability when Honda is too concern with low maintenance and long OCIs, which is fine for their previous non DI natty engines but no buenes on these overclocked lawnmowers.

Then the Accord Sport with its 19 inches tires that lowers fuel economy and cost a tons to replace. You know it is bad when the cheapest tires for your car are Michelin Primacy that run over 250 before taxes at BJ’s and the average tires for cars equipped with same tire size usually go for avout 300 each. All that nonsense to roll a 1.5T engine. This must be some [censored] from the western bean counter as the 2.4l just lasts too long and hurts sale.

Then the move away from dual displays that look great to something garmin or tomtom aftermarket gps from the 90s is the final nail that will ensure I’ll never buy another Accord. Fortunately, they still make the Fit to be relaible.

Bonus cookie - the redesign CRV’s front end kills the excellent approach angle. Subaru is the only AWD I woukd consider now.

Last edited:
I stay amazed that exactly two decades since Mitsubishi Carisma had GDI engine, and all dilution issues on VW FSI and TFSI engines since 2002, Honda makes same and maybe even worse issue. It is really remarkable.

Originally Posted By: M1Accord
lol.gif

Honda fan boy here.

I love my 3.0 l Accord. It has way over 200k miles and looks extremely rough externally but the engine still lurrs like a kitten despite the waterpump noise. I am holding off on timing belt change until another 15-20k miles or 3 more years as my driving is limited to 1 mile per day with speed under 30 mph so I want to nurse it a little longer until I know for sure whether it can continue to pass inspection.

With that say, I wouldnt touch the turbo engines in current Honda vehicles as I know there will be issurpes like this and risks of long term reliability when Honda is too concern with low maintenance and long OCIs, which is fine for their previous non DI natty engines but no buenes on these overclocked lawnmowers.

Then the Accord Sport with its 19 inches tires that lowers fuel economy and cost a tons to replace. You know it is bad when the cheapest tires for your car are Michelin Primacy that run over 250 before taxes at BJ’s and the average tires for cars equipped with same tire size usually go for avout 300 each. All that nonsense to roll a 1.5T engine. This must be some [censored] from the western bean counter as the 2.4l just lasts too long and hurts sale.

Then the move away from dual displays that look great to something garmin or tomtom aftermarket gps from the 90s is the final nail that will ensure I’ll never buy another Accord. Fortunately, they still make the Fit to be relaible.

Bonus cookie - the redesign CRV’s front end kills the excellent approach angle. Subaru is the only AWD I woukd consider now.

all the car companies seem to do things that don't make sense.the trend to tiny disp., and turbos, and d.i. -- these things are not for me.but, these things are being force fed to the consumers, courtesy of cafe, and epa regs.
25% fuel dilution -- that's just sad.sooner or later, their engineers will correct this stupidity.until then,hopefully,honda customers can get the other fine 4 cyl.engines in whatever vehicle that they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back