Honda MTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the specs of Honda MTF? My manual says that it can be temporary replaced with 10w30 of 10w40 SJ but i just want to know more.

There was a significant change here in 2006 with the Honda MTF. It is about a 10w-30, with SL levels of ZDDP (1400) and lots (3000 ppm) of calcium. So, similar to a motor oil but with a different additive pack. If you google Honda MTF VOA or Honda MTF UOA you'll find what you're looking for.

Here, the oil is about 4 dollars a quart from the dealer. Considering that's 1/2 to 1/3 what Amsoil or Redline is, it's a very good MTF for the price. Most Honda's take 2 quarts, so I guess price isn't a huge factor.

Last edited:
I've used the new Honda MTF a few times in my S2000. It seems a lot thinner than 10W-30 motor oil when I put in my hand pump. I'd guestimate 5W-20 motor oil would be more similar. My manual says that 10W-30 is a suitable temporary replacement for MTF though.

If you go with MTF, make sure you shake/mix the bottles before filling the tranny, especially on the second quart if you don't use all of it. The add pack separates quickly from the carrier oil.

The new Honda fluid is better than the old.
If you like how it shifts, you can continue with a smile to use it.
Options are: the superb Amsoil and Redine offering for your vehicle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Your car is not listed in your profile, so we cant guess what year make engine you are driving. Give us a bit more to go on.

sorry was away for a while
it's Accord 2.3 LXI, 2002. Anyway there is only one type of MTF I can find around ))

I think the Part number is

08798-9031

bottle_front.jpg

backlabel.jpg

Thanx man )
Bu what is the viscosity of this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back