Honda HR-V vs Toyota Corolla Cross

My buddy's Q7's center screen can be hidden in the dash at a press of a button

message-editor%2F1524260566930-small-2017-audi-q7-1194.jpg
No generous knee splay room with that ridiculous massive center console. Sorry pet peeve.
Screen is tiny, BTW, Hee-hee ! - Ken

No, they just cut the bleep out of you in a minor crash.
Funny you mention that, when I crashed my hated Honda Accordion 3 door, backwards into a Telephone pole,
the DIN snap-in radio flew out and hit me in the forehead, and the cheap mild steel seat back tubs folded and tore and punctured my back.
Moral: Don't hit a pole going backwards at over 40 MPH. Crash stuff didnt work well in reverse.

FM 104.1 WBCN Comin' at ya with another big hit of the 70's ! OW !!

Funny you mention that, when I crashed my hated Honda Accordion 3 door, backwards into a Telephone pole,
the DIN snap-in radio flew out and hit me in the forehead, and the cheap mild steel seat back tubs folded and tore and punctured my back.
Moral: Don't hit a pole going backwards at over 40 MPH. Crash stuff didnt work well in reverse.

FM 104.1 WBCN Comin' at ya with another big hit of the 70's ! OW !!
Or maybe the moral is don't go backward over 2-3 mph? And look carefully when you do?

Or maybe the moral is don't go backward over 2-3 mph? And look carefully when you do?
Could be but I had no choice. Someone pulled out of a side road of a State Highway driving a barge without looking,
It was raining lightly and 1:30AM. I swerved to avoid T- boning the car door with a girl in the passenger seat.
Spun the car (the car had terrible rear suspension tuning) and I was braking to stop the car but I was slightly off the road. And there was the pole coming up at 40mph in my rear view. Ouch.

Came back a few days later to take polariods, and part of my scalp with a tuft of hair on it was stuck to the pole. Guy who pulled out on me stopped briefly and then sped off.

The pole is next the white van on the left. There were no lights at the intersection in 1983. the IRS is on the Right.

How do all y’all reconcile the Toyota “bullet proof drive train” comments with the oil burners and sluggers?
Because the vast majority of Toyota stuck oil control rings are due to excessively long OCIs despite what Toyota put in the manual. 5K OCI and you won't have issues.

Change the oil every 5,000 miles per all of the new "the Car Care nut" youtube video threads.

or hope that Honda has figured out the oil dilution problem
Plus Toyota has both port and DGI, so you won't have issues with carbon deposits on the intake valve stems.

I don't see the point with Toyota offering that when they have the Rav4...
All the Manufacturers are slotting in an "entry level" subcompact CUV.

Nissan Rogue Sport, Honda HRV, Mitsubishi Outlandish Sport, Ford EcoSport and various Kia Steltos and Hyundia Kona

Toyota is way late to the party; their silly CH-R doesn't cut it any way you slice it.

plus 3-5 grand less costly than the Rav

I was looking at HR-Vs, disappointed the MT was discontinued in '18. I'm NOT a fan of CVTs, not even crazy about regular automatics either.
I am really missing the Suzuki Sidekick for 13 grand !

1991_suzuki_sidekick_4_dr_jlx_4wd.jpeg

I was looking at HR-Vs, disappointed the MT was discontinued in '18. I'm NOT a fan of CVTs, not even crazy about regular automatics either.

Because the vast majority of Toyota stuck oil control rings are due to excessively long OCIs despite what Toyota put in the manual. 5K OCI and you won't have issues.
i think its a oil related issue,since i do much longer oci and never had that problem 🤔

Both sound terrible. The HR-V sounds better, but that engine is putting out mid 90's HP and torque numbers.

I have to tip my hat to Toyota's engineering team, they can design an interior where everything feels like cheap junk that will break off in your hand but doesn't. That takes some major skill.

Both sound terrible. The HR-V sounds better, but that engine is putting out mid 90's HP and torque numbers.

I have to tip my hat to Toyota's engineering team, they can design an interior where everything feels like cheap junk that will break off in your hand but doesn't. That takes some major skill.
When you hire Rubbermaid's engineering team, you know you've got one durable product!

Not Japanese teams for cars meant sold in Japan thou, thou I've been to Japan only 3 times 😄

Back