Honda Civic Type R FK8 K20C1 - OEM Engine type 2.0 - 9017 km

could give dozens of examples of high mileage and thin oils, all of which are available here. But I think then the next excuse comes from you. If oils are released for 0w20, then there is no more wear than with a sae 40, for example. These are practical experiences. Whoever says thicker is always better at wear and tear who just lives in yesterday and not in the present.
You’re not measuring wear. Only in your imagination.

Again, if you only understood some basic physics that would help.

You were gone there for a while. Did you go on a vacation?

I never claimed that this is the sole feature of little wear. However, practice proves this quite well outside the analyses. Therefore, I know quite well how to assess these analyses.

You’re not measuring wear. Only in your imagination.

Again, if you only understood some basic physics that would help.

You were gone there for a while. Did you go on a vacation?
Then you can certainly explain how the elements come about in the above analyses, if not due to wear. Especially where oxidation and contamination are also shown. With the eternal weather, your appearance won't get any more correct either.

They may work fine as you say and that’s not what I meant. You are using an inadequate tool to determine that, however.

A bit of understanding of basic physics would help here.
I know the differences between energy-dispersive fluorescence analysis and an ICP OES analysis, they do not need to repeat this constantly. But they also have to realise that the ICP analysis says more than they propagandise it forever.

Then you can certainly explain how the elements come about in the above analyses, if not due to wear. Especially where oxidation and contamination are also shown. With the eternal weather, your appearance won't get any more correct either.
You are observing wear, not measuring it. That’s why you cannot compare it between oils. Besides, you are in no way controlling any of the multiple and numerous variables that influence the result you’re seeing.

You see something, but you cannot ascribe to a single, isolated variable of the oil.

Okay. I already explained to you what it is that you were looking at,not what you think you’re looking at.

Last edited:
@edyvw already gave you a great option.
Xw30 C3 oil if not on track.
I gave explanation for BMW.
Honda is different story. 4cyl is generally easier to cool off. If he is not seeing high oil temperatures, XW30 might work. He will have less performance drop with thinner oil.
If oil temperature is high, then thicker would be better option. But, as far as I know, Type R doesn’t run excessively hot.

In normal operation, it runs at 95C. If you accelerate from time to time, 105-110C maximum are in it. I think the viscosity is sufficient for this.

There are no reasons for a thick oil with this engine. Especially not at these temperatures.

That wasn't aimed at you either. I have taken note of your recommendations and take them into account accordingly. It was more aimed at those who think that thick oils are always better, but without looking in advance at the temperatures during operation

Inexpensive? It is one of the most expensive at all at the moment, at least the advertised top products.
I really didn't know what it cost. I just assumed it was cheaper in DE. That's really crazy when you think about it, Mobil is cheaper in De vs. Ravenol that is made there???? Who would have thought that?

I really didn't know what it cost. I just assumed it was cheaper in DE. That's really crazy when you think about it, Mobil is cheaper in De vs. Ravenol that is made there???? Who would have thought that?
Ravenol is a small company and Exxon Mobil could literally give away their motor oil and the shareholders would barely notice.

Back