Honda Civic ate a new set up plugs in under 10k

It appears the plug was damaged from gapping or at install. I am of the minority in that I like Autolites - no issues and their XP line is very good and priced right. I actually use NGK, Denso and others and no issues. The only plugs I won't use because I had several issues over the years with different cars is the Bosch platinums, +2 and +4 styles - garbage and misfiring out the box. I refused to use Champions for years but just recently used their platinum power plugs and they seem fine.

Maybe use some normal double platinum plugs without such a fine wire center electrode.

They'll be a lot tougher and less prone to break. And they'll last a long time too.

I have never noticed any difference when I've tried these super fine wire plugs.

Because the stamped printing was a little off. I did some research and determined that they were fake. I like RA and continue to use them. Plugs and coolant I now only by from the dealer. Peace of mind.

Where did the plugs come from? What was the return address? :unsure:

Reactions: D60
Fake Autolites???
I kinda had that initial reaction too, but the Chinese will fake anything if they think they can make a penny. If you're already cranking out fake plugs might as well start stamping some as Autolite.

That said, I haven't heard confirmation of fake Autolites but nothing would surprise me. Especially with retail pricing on Iridiums, the margins are there if you can build something for 30 cents that looks like Iridium and sells for, say, $10

I kinda had that initial reaction too, but the Chinese will fake anything if they think they can make a penny. If you're already cranking out fake plugs might as well start stamping some as Autolite.

That said, I haven't heard confirmation of fake Autolites but nothing would surprise me. Especially with retail pricing on Iridiums, the margins are there if you can build something for 30 cents that looks like Iridium and sells for, say, $10

I mostly only use Autolite's double platinum's. Not enough money on faking those.

I mostly only use Autolite's double platinum's. Not enough money on faking those.
I dunno, they fake Motorcraft double platinums like mad.

I put Autolite Iridiums (from O'Reilly) in my old '05 Yukon with 5.3, it ran fine (shrug).

I've never had good luck with Autolite or Champion plugs
NGK or Denso only for me
Sometimes a Motorcraft or ACDelco plug, is just a reboxed and rebranded NGK/Denso

The OE part number for this car is a ILZKAR8H8S, I would use nothing else
Screenshot_20230417-111805.jpg

At one point Motorcraft and Autolite plugs were almost identical and made in the same factory in Ohio.
They are the same thing most of the time except when ford has NGK relabel their plugs for ford, There is no motorcraft factory as ford just owns the name and pay a company to label the parts as motorcraft. ford owned Autolite in the 60's but had to sell them through an anti-trust law suit they lost.

Back