Misfire in Altima 2.5

Ah Ha!! Put down four mouse traps in the garage yesterday and caught three mice. The trap with two was under my car. I'll now keep traps in the garage all of the time!

TS3_9052bs6.5.jpg

For a misfire code, I would also put a borescope down the indicated cylinder and look for signs of coolant weepage, too, with the cooling system under pressure, just to rule that out as a possible cause for the misfire.

If its port is adjacent to the cylinder misfiring, it can cause this. Seems implausible, but I promise it can happen.
Theoretically possible, but extremely unlikely. It would likely set lean codes as well.

Think you're correct. House mice are a solid color, while deer mice have white bellies. According to a quick Google (info via Orkin).

They look like DEAD mice to me.

And they didn’t get a chance to enjoy their last meal………..

Just got word from the dealer - yup, the mice chewed through the wire harness behind the engine. Repair cost is $495 (actually less than I expected). Also the heater blower in my wife's car in the same garage is partially clogged and making noise, undoubtedly from the mouse we caught under her car. We'll take that to the shop for a cleaning. Next I replace the worn seals on the bottom of the garage doors and keep glue mouse traps throughout the garage.

Meeses to Pieces.jpg

Just got word from the dealer - yup, the mice chewed through the wire harness behind the engine. Repair cost is $495 (actually less than I expected). Also the heater blower in my wife's car in the same garage is partially clogged and making noise, undoubtedly from the mouse we caught under her car. We'll take that to the shop for a cleaning. Next I replace the worn seals on the bottom of the garage doors and keep glue mouse traps throughout the garage.

View attachment 196513
Bet there are a few on here that don't get that reference (meme).

But unfortunately I do. I can also still hear Huckleberry Hounds rendition of O My Darling Clementine.

🙉

View attachment 196513
Glad you got it sorted out and yes, $495 is less than most of those repairs cost, so you got lucky!

After I started working in repair shops, and saw all the damage rodents can do, I started keeping traps set in and around my house and garage to preemptively take action to prevent this type of thing!

Bet there are a few on here that don't get that reference (meme).

But unfortunately I do. I can also still hear Huckleberry Hounds rendition of O My Darling Clementine.

🙉
I'm 43, and I got it. Used to watch all those old Hanna-Barbera cartoons on USA network Saturday mornings at my grandparents' house during summer break. Anyway...

Glad it got sorted out, OP.

They look like DEAD mice to me.
That was going to be my professional opinion too.

Glad the OP has it under contol now.

That reminds me, I was going to check the traps I have in the attic…

Back