Honda Civic ate a new set up plugs in under 10k

It appears the plug was damaged from gapping or at install. I am of the minority in that I like Autolites - no issues and their XP line is very good and priced right. I actually use NGK, Denso and others and no issues. The only plugs I won't use because I had several issues over the years with different cars is the Bosch platinums, +2 and +4 styles - garbage and misfiring out the box. I refused to use Champions for years but just recently used their platinum power plugs and they seem fine.
Funny you say that about the Bosch platinums and the misfiring right out of the box. I changed plugs on my older Corolla (denso to the Bosch) and was getting misfires and went into limp mode. I did everything under the sun and couldn’t figure out what the heck was going on. This was when I was first starting to learn how to do my own work. Anyhow, I was on the Internet and read how the Bosch plugs especially in Toyotas are a no-no. Took them out and got some denso plugs and what do you know, misfire gone, no longer in limp mode.

I will also add:

PLEASE DO NOT RUN YOUR SPARKPLUGS TO 100,000 MILES on a turbocharged engine.
30-50,000 miles at most depending on driving style if you are using iridium plugs.

Back