Honda Civic ate a new set up plugs in under 10k

As per the title the 1.5T in the 2016 civic ate the number one spark plug in about 10k miles. Replaced the number one coil and dropped a new set of nkg plugs in it and will see how it goes. May be a sign of injectors getting out of spec as it just passed 100k miles. The number one plug is on the far left if it really needed pointing out lol
F1A9C4BC-284C-4E63-9A08-E418B43D3E57.jpeg

Never had good luck with Autolite plugs. Almost as bad or worse than Champion.
I used them a lot when I first started working on stuff, they were one of the cheapest brands I could get locally. Got a bunch in for our fleet of Club Cars at work, some didn't work right out of the box, the tang was bent off center of the electrode on almost all of them. I pulled them all out and switched to NGK and never looked back. Ford gets Motorcraft, GM gets AC Delco and everything else gets NGK.

Lately I've leaned more towards using the OE specified plugs. I will second that I never had good luck with Autolite plugs. I will say I've never had an issue with an NGK and they are usually pre-gapped for the specific application.
You do know never to gap an irridium or fine wire center electrode plug, right?
EDIT: ......never trust any plug or filters on Amazon. I got some counterfeit NGK plugs on there once. I also got some counterfeit Centric high carbon alloy brake rotors from Rock Auto as well.

I’ve used Autolite in my Fords no problem. I wouldn’t put them in a Honda though. NGK or Denso for Honda. Yes if you didn’t buy them from a parts store or somewhere you could have very well gotten fakes. That’s one thing to try to avoid buying online.

I'm still a big fan of copper plugs. You just need to change them more frequently. Anything else seem to load up and foul easily in cold weather.... if you do a repeated colds start and no warm up.

The way those washers are compressed doesn’t look right to me, in particular the second one from the top.

Did you have to gap them before putting them in? You may have damaged the center electrode.

Scott
Yeah the washers set in a good sized gap where the threads stop. In the picture they are all laying at different places in the groove. The bottom one that is touching the ceramic side of the plug shows how much is left before the threads start

Back