Honda ATF DW-1 Dealer Pricing

I'm not taking anything away from MaxLife, but I'd venture to say that the numbers (I'll stick w/ Hondas for now) go something like this:

Original factory-filled fluid - 75%
Honda fluid (dealer serviced) - 20%
Other fluid - 5%

Pure WAG on my part, but that would be typical numbers, IMO.
Hall, you left me out:

Gebo .005% DW1

I'm not taking anything away from MaxLife, but I'd venture to say that the numbers (I'll stick w/ Hondas for now) go something like this:

Original factory-filled fluid - 75%
Honda fluid (dealer serviced) - 20%
Other fluid - 5%

Pure WAG on my part, but that would be typical numbers, IMO.
Not sure I follow... I'm sure you have a point, but it went right over my head.

@Gebo helped me out. You mean what ATF is in Hondas... Got it.

In my area in Williamsburg va it was $9.82 a quart about two months ago. Not too bad on my opinion.

Especially compared to CVT fluid which was $25 a quart.
Nissan always robs on their fluids kinda like that ester oil they were pushing on everyone. Hcf2 is around 14.xx and I paid much less when I bought the transmax from Castrol and now I got the redline cvt fluid for 13.25 a qt. Think I got like 40 qts of non slip cvt fluid.

Attachments

• 20221126_183010.jpg
    20221126_183010.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 6
Well, let me jump in here. LOL You guys wanna get personal?;)

My last mistake (that I am aware of) was when I purchased a KOYO Wheel Hub Assembly for my 2005 LS430 from Amazon on June 20, 2019
for $245.98. Exact part number as the Lexus part number. Same brand as Lexus part. Hey, I was saving a bunch of money and
getting the exact part as the OEM, right? Took it to my Lexus mechanic (who is now the Service Mgr at a Lexus dealership) and as he was installing the hub.

That bearing didn't survive long. Took it back and got one from Lexus Dealer ($$$$). Mechanic examined the failure and determined the "internals" were different from the OEM at the dealership. Same numbers, same appearance but it was not the same as the OEM. I'm
unable to type the words he used to describe the quality he saw upon examining the failed rear wheel bearing.

I did get a total refund from Amazon and they are no longer available to purchase from that supplier as of today.

I buy less from Amazon any more. I go directly to the source when possible. Me thinks there are a lot more counterfeits floating
around.

Last edited:
Back