Honda ATF DW-1 Dealer Pricing

Hey guy’s, Any current or previous Honda/Acura owners recently purchased DW-1 from your local Honda dealer lately? I live a few miles from the Maryland/Pennsylvania state line and went to a dealer in York Pennsylvania by name the name of Apple Honda, The price is the same at my local dealership in Maryland vs Pennsylvania at $10.11 a quart for DW-1 atf, I was curious if prices are the same at dealerships in other states?
9B1E6127-2545-4228-8D1F-265644B9B401.jpeg
BDC8EAEA-6FCF-4207-B42D-5EDC8A0579DF.jpeg
53D0F0D7-6BD0-489F-BFEF-BDACA80A50B2.jpeg

If you can make friends with a Honda parts guy, they'll sell it to you at their cost. I bought 3 quarts a few weeks ago at the dealership for $5 a quart.

I want to say I pay $8 and some change at our local Honda dealer in the Florida panhandle.

I have paid $8-9/quart at dealers but it's been a couple years so $10/quart seems reasonable today. Like @JHZR2 (and many others here), Amazon had repeated glitches (???) or something on 6-packs for $18-24 ($3-4 per quart) and my son (he had an Accord that used it) and I bought those twice (successfully). He totaled that car so I've got a whole lot of DW-1 for a Civic to use !

I have paid $8-9/quart at dealers but it's been a couple years so $10/quart seems reasonable today. Like @JHZR2 (and many others here), Amazon had repeated glitches (???) or something on 6-packs for $18-24 ($3-4 per quart) and my son (he had an Accord that used it) and I bought those twice (successfully). He totaled that car so I've got a whole lot of DW-1 for a Civic to use !
I was able to make a couple successful purchases along with a boatload of unsuccessful 1 quart shipments.

In my area in Williamsburg va it was $9.82 a quart about two months ago. Not too bad on my opinion.

Especially compared to CVT fluid which was $25 a quart.
That’s a good price, The aftermarket Dw-1 clones like idemitsu H+ Costs a few dollars more in my area, Might as well buy Honda genuine Dw-1 atf.

Yeah that's what I thought too.... Heck Idemitsu h+ is $15 a qt near me. Not worth it at all. When the DW-1 is $5 cheaper per quart.

Yeah that's what I thought too.... Heck Idemitsu h+ is $15 a qt near me. Not worth it at all. When the DW-1 is $5 cheaper per quart.
Exactly! Beckarnley DW-1 equivalent is a few pennies more than Honda dw1 and Beckarnley Z1 is $17.00 bucks a quart, Idemitsu H+ is $15.99 a quart at Napa auto parts.

Amazon has 5 qt jugs for $51. I was paying less, buy this is the price today.
DW-1 is $60 for a 6 pack. Not bad. I did get a 6 pack awhile back for a good price.

I get a 23% Honda discount at my local Acura dealer. He knows I buy all my parts from him.

Same way on my Lexus/Toyota. Parts Manager knows I buy all my parts from him.

As weird as many (if not most) of the after market quality is getting, it may pay you to strike
a deal and get them to put you in the system with whatever discount you can get. My closest
Toyota dealer will not give me any discount even though I have asked him more than once.

Don't call them. You gotta go "face to face." I have "never" gotten a discount at a car dealership

That’s a good price, The aftermarket Dw-1 clones like idemitsu H+ Costs a few dollars more in my area, Might as well buy Honda genuine Dw-1 atf.
I doubt it is a clone, as far as we have seen here no aftermarket fluid has the same composition as the Honda branded fluid.

Since like most Asian manufacturers Honda does not license any of their fluids all aftermarket ones are just that, aftermarket. They aren't necessarily "equivalents" either, just a fluid that the blender states is suitable. Like Maxlife.

Both of the Honda ATF's have much higher Zinc and Mg levels than all other ATF's. That is one aspect of
their makeup that really differentiates them from other brands. Check out the sticky at the top in this forum.

That is precisely why I only use Honda ATF in our 2010 Civic.

I doubt it is a clone, as far as we have seen here no aftermarket fluid has the same composition as the Honda branded fluid.

Since like most Asian manufacturers Honda does not license any of their fluids all aftermarket ones are just that, aftermarket. They aren't necessarily "equivalents" either, just a fluid that the blender states is suitable. Like Maxlife.
Totally agree they don't have the same composition.
What I don't know is, is that better or worse? Does it even matter? I have seen zero evidence that it does.

What I don't know is, is that better or worse? Does it even matter? I have seen zero evidence that it does.
I always say that there's a reason Honda formulated their ATFs the way they did. What is that reason ? Only they know....

Transmissions using DW-1 or Z-1 fail but when they did, other than low fluid or no fluid, the fluid wasn't the reason. They fail for mechanical reasons that fluid wouldn't have prevented.

I always say that there's a reason Honda formulated their ATFs the way they did. What is that reason ? Only they know....

Transmissions using DW-1 or Z-1 fail but when they did, other than low fluid or no fluid, the fluid wasn't the reason. They fail for mechanical reasons that fluid wouldn't have prevented.
If Maxlife was bad for Hondas or Toylettas, there would be a boad load of busted Honda Toyletta transmissions.

If Maxlife was bad for Hondas or Toylettas, there would be a boad load of busted Honda Toyletta transmissions.
I'm not taking anything away from MaxLife, but I'd venture to say that the numbers (I'll stick w/ Hondas for now) go something like this:

Original factory-filled fluid - 75%
Honda fluid (dealer serviced) - 20%
Other fluid - 5%

Pure WAG on my part, but that would be typical numbers, IMO.

Back