Honda and Toyota no more for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Honda rocks.. you know it, I know it, everyone knows it!

=D

Yes, they make wonderful lawn mowers and nifty little scooters
grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Honda rocks.. you know it, I know it, everyone knows it!

=D

Yes, they make wonderful lawn mowers and nifty little scooters
grin.gif

Yes and their mower engines are almost as long lived as a cheap Briggs,plastic timing belts and all.
laugh.gif

Just remember that there are cheap 20 year old Briggs and Stratton engines out there that are still on their first oil change.
blush.gif

Rickey.

Quote:

You got the 3.5 in your Impala, I assume? I went with the 3.9L in my Monte Carlo and I regret it slightly, the engine is wonderful, and I'm satisfied with the 29-30mpg I can manage on the highway, but that extra 2 or 3 mpg would have been nice.
I suppose it's worth the extra passing oomph.

Yes mine has the 3.5.
Strong engine from 10 MPH to about... well considerably over the posted speed limit just about anywhere.

Strong enough to get me out of or in to trouble as the case may warrant.
And yes it takes a conscious effort and discipline to get 33 MPG in this tank but it is possible on a daily basis.

Rickey.

Quote:

One thing that surprises me about my mother's 04 Accord V-6 is she's already well into her second battery. It'll be 5 years next week since I bought my CR-V and I just changed the OEM battery yesterday. And it's tiny!

I am too a Honda/Toyota no more person mainly since I think they are boring.

However the OEM battery (AC Delco) on my 1995 Civic lasted 7 years and 200k miles!

Well, actually the battery was just low on water but I couldn't figure out if there was a way to add so I just went out and got a new one.

As for being boring, there are times when that's a good thing. I have a SAAB for my not-so-boring times and the Honda when I don't want to think about the car and just get to where I am going.

The last Honda OE battery I saw is a maintenance-accessible Johnson Controls battery.

The maintenance-accessible batteries made/sold in the USA invariably have ganged vent caps that cover 3 cells, so you have two vent caps. These also usually have all the warnings printed on them (except for European reverse-terminal batteries like the Group 47 size--then the vent caps are a different smaller design but still ganged).

You can pry these off with a screwdriver (they should come off with a minimum of force) and add water.

This battery was a Panasonic. It had no caps. It had circular cut outs with tiny pin-size holes in the center. I've never seen a setup quite like it.

Something else-it had water level marks on the side. It also has a diagnostic glass hole in the top with three possible indicators based on the color inside the hole (good, bad, low-water)

Quote:

Quote:

One thing that surprises me about my mother's 04 Accord V-6 is she's already well into her second battery. It'll be 5 years next week since I bought my CR-V and I just changed the OEM battery yesterday. And it's tiny!

However the OEM battery (AC Delco) on my 1995 Civic lasted 7 years and 200k miles!

How can a car be boring? It gets you from point A to point B; does it not?

Quote:

Quote:

We all have various reasons for not buying a make.

Quality/reliability is one of many aspects that cause someone (usually the more rational types) to gravitate toward a brand.

Personally I would not consider Toyota or Honda either except if needing a minivan which is a possibility in my future.

I think Toyota/Honda make boring vehicles.

Then you're not driving the right Hondas
laugh.gif
Integra Type-R? Civic Si? S2000? Prelude? RSX Type-S?

Still boring. In fact at the race track they're quite laughable. Buzzing around with their coffee can exhausts running mid 14s, if not worse.
crackmeup.gif

I love boring, I have had a 66 mustang, a 60 Rambler, early 70's era LeMans, an 82 Firebird, 2 Corvettes- 77 and 96, a C1500 SB, a 94 C3500 diesel, an 01 F250 diesel, a 55 MG TF-1500, as well as worked on numerous friends cars of different makes and models and some I'm likely forgetting. I love my nice boring older Honda.

Quote:

Quote:

Buying something like a Fiat or a Jaguar is much more interesting! Every morning you'll think: Will it start? Will I get to work? Will I ever get home again? A car like that brings extra excitement to one's life!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Buying something like a Fiat or a Jaguar is much more interesting! Every morning you'll think: Will it start? Will I get to work? Will I ever get home again? A car like that brings extra excitement to one's life!

I have a SAAB. Never breaks down but when it does, I have lots of excitement trying to avoid getting bent over by the dealer. I love working on my saab.

Quote:

I have a SAAB. Never breaks down but when it does, I have lots of excitement trying to avoid getting bent over by the dealer. I love working on my saab.

I had two Saabs. My first 900 made it to almost 300,000 miles albeit not in my hands by the time we lost sight of it. My second 900 (same model, even the same color!) was the reason I bought a Volvo.

My indy Saab mechanic gave up and now works on Volvo marine. My local Saab dealer also gave up. I loved my Saabs, but -- geez! I loved the key on the floor, the funky styling and the seats -- but give me boredom any day!

Lol...I wrecked my 900 so I got a 9-5. I have three kids so I couldn't have squeezed them in a 900 anyway. Now that I have alleviated all my sludge fears with saab's final PCV fix I look forward to at least another 100-150k miles.

My CR-V, though, has been in a class of its own. It's the most trouble-free vehicle I've ever owned or maybe even heard of...except for maybe my brother's 250k mile and climbing 96 tacoma 4x4. He swears he's only changed the oil (with dino) 4 times.....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We all have various reasons for not buying a make.

Quality/reliability is one of many aspects that cause someone (usually the more rational types) to gravitate toward a brand.

Personally I would not consider Toyota or Honda either except if needing a minivan which is a possibility in my future.

I think Toyota/Honda make boring vehicles.

Then you're not driving the right Hondas
laugh.gif
Integra Type-R? Civic Si? S2000? Prelude? RSX Type-S?

Still boring. In fact at the race track they're quite laughable. Buzzing around with their coffee can exhausts running mid 14s, if not worse.
crackmeup.gif

So because they don't have the fastest quarter mile they're instantly boring? I happen to find them very exciting to drive. My car doesn't have a "coffee can" exhaust and above 4k rpms it sounds nice and deep. It's a pretty lame generalization you're making there, with the whole muffler comment. Not all of us Acura/Honda owners go to eBay and slap on cheap $50 mufflers.

Quote:

So does a subway or an escalator....Driving occupies many hours in our lives, some like to have some enjoyment in it.

Quote:

Quote:

So does a subway or an escalator....Driving occupies many hours in our lives, some like to have some enjoyment in it.

Are car radios insufficient at ensuring enjoyment when one drives from A to B?

I have a one hour commute and I listen to a classical radio station while I drive. I find it to be very enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back