Honda A02 and FRAM XG7317 Cut Open and Compared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I seems the Fram built Honda filters have always had thicker and less flexible non-metal end caps then the Fram branded filters. If so, Fram should use the same end caps on their EG and TG filters (Motorking, are you reading this?).

This.

Much thicker and heavier.

I cut a FRAM TG3600 open recently and decided to measure and compare the thickness of it's end caps to the Honda A02. Even though the TG3600 is a much different size than the A02, the end caps on each filter measured 0.80mm in thickness. The main deference that I found between them was the amount of adhesive applied to the end caps. The thickness of the adhesive was about the same on both filters, but the A02 had a layer of adhesive that reached all the way to the edge of the end caps. I looked at old pictures that I have of a TG7317, and the adhesive seems to stop at about the same point that it does on the TG3600, so I think that this is a fair assertion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I from what I've seen FRAM's end caps don't seem to vary in thickness based on the size of the filter.

The Honda is on top.
RdLDIF2.jpg

The Honda is on the left.
PIGUxdH.jpg

Originally Posted By: HX520W
I cut a FRAM TG3600 open recently and decided to measure and compare the thickness of it's end caps to the Honda A02. Even though the TG3600 is a much different size than the A02, the end caps on each filter measured 0.80mm in thickness.

Maybe it's the just the Fram Extra Guard that seems to have the thinner more flexible end caps. Or maybe Fram has beefed up the end caps on the EG and TG in the last year or so ...
21.gif

I put over 24k on the same Ultra you posted about.
It looks every bit as good as yours too. None finer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back