Home Siding Help

Hi, I need to get my wooden deck completely torn down. House is 20 years old, deck is a total mess and rotted. I'm thinking about getting a concrete patio in its place.
I had a contractor come out and take a look, he said that because of the demolition, I will probably need to replace three wood siding boards. each board is about 15 feet long.
he gave me a quote of 1500 for teardown, 300 for disposal, and 750 for replacing and painting the three new boards. Prices seem high, especially for replacing the boards. I'm looking for a second quote locally. What do you guys think of the prices?
Thank you

It sounds like he doesn’t want to do the job but will if the price is right. That seems high to me. Unless, this is for the deck demo and the siding? That wasn’t very clear in your original post. Depending on the size of the deck that sounds about right to me. Depending on the type of siding that’s probably high for that part but without seeing it I don’t know.

Edit- I re-read it and see that it’s for the deck demo, disposal and replacing the siding. I’m tired. Give us an idea of how big the deck is? Does it include removing any concrete footers?

Deck is about 15 x 12'. No concrete footers. 1500 for demo only, 300 disposal, and 750 For siding and painting. Total will be 2550.

Maybe padded for JIC.
Been my experience old decks hold snow against areas assumed to be above ground, and thus they rot.

Hard to judge without pictures (grade, design, height).

Cost to Remove a Deck​

The average cost to demolish a standard wood deck is $600 - $1,000, including debris disposal.
The exact cost of your deck removal project will depend upon:

• Size of the deck
  • Complexity of the deck
  • Deck location
  • Accessibility of the deck
  • Who you hire to remove the deck
  • Amount of salvageable materials
Keep reading:

R&R on those boards sounds just a bit high . The demo is a lot of labor if you have to pull posts , etc. Disposal is probably priced fair . In my case , the trash people picked up the wood .

DIY the deck demo.
+1 of you don't have tools you can buy a nice sawzall, blades and some pry bars for less than $200. Of course you'll have to pay for disposal. On my local Kijiji people always posting used deck wood for free. Someone may want some of the boards for projects.

Back