Home defense shotguns

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family has several Mossbergs and Mavericks and they are great. A fantastic buy, especially the Mavericks. The Mossberg semi auto is very good. I bought one with an 18" defense barrel and a 28" ported changeable choke barrel in a set on sale it and was about $450 a year ago.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
It looks small even for a 12" doll, I mean action figure.
I have a 28' barrel for it as well.

I love my double barrel 12 ga. 20" Stoeger Coach Gun.
I have 00 Buck. but I am going to No. 2, 3, 0r 4 Buck.

I like the idea of 2 guaranteed shots available...no iffs ands or butts. If that doesn't do the trick, its time for me to go.

IMG_1596.jpg

M870 18" bbl.: Wilson Combat mag extension, follower & spring, WC oversized safety, Mesa Tactical shell holder, Specter 3-point sling
with shell holder, Remington police stocks.
Bottom: G37, G39.

I have a 590 Mossberg and an 870 Remington for HD, both are nice pieces. Also have an old LeFever from my Grandfather as well as a pair of H&R single barrels too. Got an old Ithaca Deer Slayer from my Pop too

:)

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
A 12 gauge shotgun loaded with the proper ammo is far superior to any handgun for stopping power. My Rem 870 Express magnum has always worked flawlessly with many different ammo types. I have had it for about 15 years and I would never get rid of it. It has the 20 inch barrel with a synthetic pistol grip stock and 2 round mag extension.
With proper ammo the shotgun makes a bigger hole to let the life run out, simple as that.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Hey...love the Winchester! Nice looking shotgun. Can you still buy a 1300 Marine?

No, they quit making the 1300 Marine shotguns which is a real shame. They are a very good shotgun.

I am real partial to my old Winchester Model 12, and an old Remington 870.

That old Winchester is smooth and slick as butter.

Lot's of burglerie's here lately!!! I am thinking of getting the most family freindly weapon to keep in the house. I have a Wife and three littel kid's. Any suggestions?

Its not so much the kid's but my Wife Im worried about shes got a temper!!! Im a littel clumsy so maybe I really shouldnt consider getting a gun. I have hurt people accidentaly with a floor waxer and a vaccum cleaner!!!

Originally Posted By: Stuart Hughes
Oilpants: with small children at home, I don't recommend keeping a loaded handgun around. No foolin'. Here's a reasonably priced, easily available 12 ga "house gun". The top one is just about perfect for a home defense gun. (I have the bottom one in a discontinued silver finish).Link:
http://www.maverickarms.com/pages/88security.htm

You're kinda clumsy, and your wife has a temper? 8^O

In that case- Skip the gun. There are no "do-overs" with firearms. Really. Maybe a baseball bat if you must, but no gun of any kind- that's my advice.

Repeat: No gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back