Hit 350,000 miles today

Congrats, was there a reason you waited so long to change the CVT fluid?

Didn't feel the need to. .

When it started getting a bit loud and noticeable... In August... I thought it was time to start changing it.

And after the second CVT fluid change with Eneos CVT fluid it was much quieter.

I was gonna ask your CVT service advice... I guess I've been doing it all wrong.

Yeah candidly I waited too long to start changing that CVT fluid out.

Should have started by doing that around 225,000 miles.

The fluid never had any color until about 180k miles.

By 283,500 it looked like motor oil with about 2,000 miles on it.

Since I started changing it.... It's back to being so clear you can't hardly see it on the stick.

Maybe that's why you made it so far? I know nothing in particular about Nissan CVT's, BTW.

Yeah maybe... Don't know.

I noticed very early on when I bought the car it definitely ran better being pushed harder. So I did that from then on.

Congrats my friend.👊

I certainly hope to have as good of success with our CVTs for as long as we do decide to keep them as we do indeed like their character.👍

However, I don't think we'll keep them long enough to get much past 150,000 miles but, do hope & pray nothing serious goes wrong with either of ours during our tenure with either.🤞

Yeah maybe... Don't know.

I noticed very early on when I bought the car it definitely ran better being pushed harder. So I did that from then on.

I suppose the engine and transmission ecu are not in doubt of what you want as a driver when pushing on... That would help with driveability

Congrats!!!
And with often used CAM2 SB too. Not too shabby at all.

Yeah wemay she runs quiet on the Cam2 motor oil. Very pleased with that oil in the motor.

Just did another CVT drain and refill too.

Will do one more in December to be ready for the winter time.

And I hope we actually get really cold this winter with lots of chances for snow.

Coldest oil change I have some on this car... Was winter of 2014-15 and it was in the mid 10s with a wind chill below zero degrees F. That was about my limit for cold oil change conditions.

Impressive for a Nissan CVT. What an exception. Toyota CVTs on the other hand...normal.

Could be man...

I didn't change be the CVT fluid until 283,500 miles... Definitely a good idea to have done that. Ran quieter after doing rhat.

The Eneos CVT fluid definitely helps the transmission run quiet.
That's nuts!!!! Very lucky it lasted that long without maintenance. Both the fluid and the transmission it went into must've been made on a Wednesday.

It’s a big accomplishment to take any car over 300,000 and especially a tranny without a fluid change, a CVT no less.

What did you do for repairs along the way? I did a thread about my 1999 Accord that I took to 289,000 miles and the repairs were pretty extensive - I didn’t think so at the time, but others did. I’d be willing to bet you didn’t have too many repairs by the sound of it.

And that’s a lot of miles in a short time, your commute must be pretty long.

Back