???? Highest Detergent Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by OilStasher
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If I can find some.... Sound like VPBR is my huckleberry.

But it also sounds like a good idea to run some SuperTech whatever is the cheapest (example: clearance) for the first 100 miles, dump it and then pour in the VPBR.

Fixed. Supertrash is not the cheapest oil like everyone thinks it is.

Sludge-Ushering, Problematic, Economically-Retarded, Toxic, Egregious, Certifiably Horrible. Just like the company that sells it.
wink.gif

Edit: Thanks for the inspiration for my new sig!
thumbsup2.gif

What are you talking about, newb?

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Just add MMO or Seafoam for a few hundred miles with cheap dino oil, rinse repeat as needed.

Not a fan of Seafoam but MMO and Rislone, as previously mentioned, will help get things cleaned up/out. You can even double dose with Rislone, as per Rislone website, for a hundred miles for "extreme" cleaning on badly sludged up engines.

While the spark timing and carb jetting need work, Maxlife or anything A3/B4 will be good.
Depending on how much of it you buy you could continue to use it with short intervals or chamge to Redline or VPBR - esters are exceptionally good at cleaning.

My question is - why didnt you clean all the components whilst you were refreshing it? but anyway, SI1 in the fuel will clean the pistons and regular oil changes will clean the sump/galleries etc.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If I can find some.... Sound like VPBR is my huckleberry.

But it also sounds like a good idea to run some SuperTech whatever is the cheapest (example: clearance) for the first 100 miles, dump it and then pour in the VPBR.

Sludge-Ushering, Problematic, Economically-Retarded, Toxic, Egregious, Certifiably Horrible. Just like the company that sells it.
wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif

What are you talking about, newb?

I'm referring to the OP's statement about "sounds like a good idea to run some Super[trash]tech for the first 100 miles." The OP is clearly implying Supertrash is cheap and is the reasoning for running it briefly then dumping it. Nobody is a newb here
21.gif
... I simply stated that Supertrash is not cheap, and it would be better to find some clearance oil (most likely higher quality too) to use for that short of a run. And gave my explication of the acronym.

I'm referring to the OP's statement about "sounds like a good idea to run some Super[trash]tech for the first 100 miles." The OP is clearly implying Supertrash is cheap and is the reasoning for running it briefly then dumping it. Nobody is a newb here
21.gif
... I simply stated that Supertrash is not cheap, and it would be better to find some clearance oil (most likely higher quality too) to use for that short of a run. And gave my explication of the acronym.

Especially not you.

wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Didn't take long for you to get to here, did it?

Sarcasm aside … the Costco Dex 1 5w30 (Warren?) would be a good value if you plan to dump early anyway.

Have you removed a valve cover or what can you see with a flashlight in the oil fill hole ?

Think the STP at AZ is made by Amalie and Dex 1 … I'd start with a smaller hammer and not liberate too much crud all at once. A Fram Utra and means to cut open might offer some forensics

Last edited:

21.gif

SuperTech is inexpensive, budget friendly, economical and on sale everyday. It is not "cheap".

Your Posts #s 5325035 and #5325040 have been reported for lack of topic content and butting heads with another member.

Why can't we just get-along with one another? Why must some play Imitator Moderator Police here?

Back to subject-matter.... Highest gas-only detergent motor oil I know-of is Ravenol.

Last edited:
And yet this is okay:

wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Is that what you're saying there, Triple_Se7en? Did you bother to report that post?

The selective outrage is a bit tiresome.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Your Posts #s 5325035 and #5325040 have been reported for lack of topic content and butting heads with another member.

Why can't we just get-along with one another? Why must some play Imitator Moderator Police here?

Back to subject-matter.... Highest gas-only detergent motor oil I know-of is Ravenol.

So you reported kschachn's posts, but not the guy slagging a product as "super trash"? Way to get the priorities in line there...

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

So you reported kschachn's posts, but not the guy slagging a product as "super trash"? Way to get the priorities in line there...

12.gif

Closed do to bickering.

Regarding "Supertrash is not the cheapest oil like everyone thinks it is.

Sludge-Ushering, Problematic, Economically-Retarded, Toxic, Egregious, Certifiably Horrible. Just like the company that sells it."

The above is 100% unacceptable. Use proper product name and skip the rant.
BITOG doesn't exist for petty axe grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back