High Output 4cyl Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, pretty defensive buster. I just wondered who wanted the new car?

dunno.gif

Originally posted by Amkeer:
[QB] I'd get the Acura before anything else. Those are nice vehicles.

Yes! Acuras look very nice in my Z28's rear view mirror!
grin.gif
Buster go for an LS1 and have some REALLLLLLL FUNNNNNNNNNNN ZOOOOOOOOOOOOMIN!!!!

J/K, get what makes you happy and enjoy it!
wink.gif

Buster, stop changing your oil entirely, that way eventually the engine will seize up, then tell the wife you need a new car! Problem solved.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Buster, stop changing your oil entirely, that way eventually the engine will seize up, then tell the wife you need a new car! Problem solved.
smile.gif

With a Toyota, that might take too long. Just drain it down to 1 quart in the sump, and let it go from there!
burnout.gif

With a car like a Corolla it almost seems like a waste of money to use a premium synthetic in it as they seem to last a long,long time on stuff like Supertech dino and 5K drains.Really a lot longer then you care to look at them.

Don't get me wrong,I use M1 in mine but I like most on this board have oil neurosis.
cheers.gif

I was doing some investigation on the S2000 engine and it turns out its a similar design to their CART engines. The only difference is that the CART engines use a 1.5L V-8 setup that revs to 16k, not a 2L 4 Cylinder. Fiber reinforced aluminum alloy sleeves, all forged internals, and all aluminum forged head. Absolutely incredible peice of work. You can safely run 6lbs of Supercharger boost on it at a compression ratio of 11.2:1
wink.gif

A guy who bought the car new, put a super on at 30k miles and now has close to 80k on it. He gets on it from time to time, but namely uses the super as a way to get more torque out of the engine. Said he wouldn't ever drive anything else again. He of course does all his maintenance and uses a 15w-50 M1 synthetic
grin.gif
cheers.gif

forgot to mention, gotta be careful about the differentials, he's torn one up already, and got a beefed up 36 spline rear end at the stock 4.10 ratio. Puts out about 285 hp at the rear wheels, 320ish to the flywheel est.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back