High mileage on Ford EcoBoost 2.0

Well, that doesn't fill be with confidence about my wife's 2017 Escape. I assume if its ingesting coolant, that would be something you can see on an oil report?

Currently only at 30K
The 2.0L in my wife’s MKC was running perfect the entire time. On a trip around town running errands the car began to overheat and shut down
The coolant tank was empty in a matter of minutes
So it can happen very quickly

We LOVE it so far, very happy we got it

Some more info the Ecoboost issue. I called a dealership and asked if they know of the issue and they said "of course we do" and I asked for a price if I fixed out of warranty, they said between $10K and $12K is average for the last few they have fixed out of warranty.

I asked if I brought it in today, how long would it take. They said they have 18 cars in currently with the same issue so it will be 6-8 weeks before they even look at it, and they don't have enough stock of parts for all the vehicles, and some of the parts are back ordered for 3 months from Ford, so expect to be without a car for "At least 6 months"

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't just get the warranty. Very glad I learned about the issue before it happened

The stars aligned right when Ford started offering 0% for 60 months too for a very limited time

Last edited:
Back