High mileage Hyundai Elantra for all the haters.

Lot's of people here hating on Hyundai saying their engines are junk. No idea if this one has the original engine or even if it's on it's 3rd or 4th, but I'd love to try it out for the experience,

20240320191521-d821526a-95c4-4ab7-8d58-7958a5202c47.jpg

20240320191521-3ffba3be-982c-443e-9f90-472ef8700b27.jpg

20240301150814-0998acb6-41b9-4ebc-bbe0-e6af05cfbc5d.jpg

I'm sure those folks wouldn't give $200 for it, but I think I'll go a bit more.

I've been known to buy into vehicles that have a bad reputation. If you're well informed, understand what your getting, the fixes for them, & get a smoking deal on it there's not much to lose. Look but don't touch is good practice but it's not much fun.

I've been known to buy into vehicles that have a bad reputation. If you're well informed, understand what your getting, the fixes for them, & get a smoking deal on it there's not much to lose. Look but don't touch is good practice but it's not much fun.
You do the same with oil filters 😆

"Lot's of people here hating on Hyundai saying their engines are junk. No idea if this one has the original engine or even if it's on it's 3rd or 4th, but I'd love to try it out for the experience,"

"MOST" of their engines are junk, not all of them. And most of their issue is "metallurgy choice" ALL from the world largest metal's company. A pot smoking low IQ gear head could fix their problem by choosing harder internal reciprocating metal choice. I question if it is by design, IE top level officers owning engine rebuilding company's to feed their warranty dept for a horrendous choice of soft metals for 13 years. 13 YEARS!!! You can't be that stupid for 13 years, when the exact same "global engine" that Mitsubishi and Chrysler builds to each ones own metallurgy spec don't fail like Hyundai/Kia do, not even close.

What year is that? The problems started around 2012. Prior to that they were pretty darn good, especially for what you paid.
I bought my mom one in 2000 and it was bullet proof. But the family losers who didn't pay a dime were all GM employees and they got ticked. Of course many years later when I got mom another car one of the GM crybabies bought it..

Most of their engines are junk BECAUSE their Quality Control sucks. As I mentioned here dozens of times: it's a gamble, and not in favor of the consumer. You either get a trouble-free vehicle for hundreds of thousands of miles, or you get one that's on its third engine and fifth DCT transmission by 80k miles.

I've been known to buy into vehicles that have a bad reputation. If you're well informed, understand what your getting, the fixes for them, & get a smoking deal on it there's not much to lose.
+1

My most recent purchases: 2007 Maxima $2000, drove it for over two years (May 2019 - November 2021) then sold it for $3400.
2012 Legacy $2000, my current daily driver since January 2022. 2016 Santa Fe $5000 (on standby). I overpaid for this one, so I might sell it. It requires the least amount of work out of all 3, just rear brakes.

Last edited:
Lot's of people here hating on Hyundai saying their engines are junk. No idea if this one has the original engine or even if it's on it's 3rd or 4th, but I'd love to try it out for the experience,

View attachment 209743

View attachment 209744

View attachment 209745

I'm sure those folks wouldn't give $200 for it, but I think I'll go a bit more.
My sister inherited my dad’s 2014 KIA Forte 2.0. It’s passed 100,000 miles and never any problems.

Back