High-end filters out at WM??

Was at the WM next to my work tonight, and was surprised to find a clearance section full of Fram Ultra Synthetic filters. Found one for my wife’s Jeep (10060) for $7!

Checked out the regular filter section near by, and found only Extra Guards on the shelf - TG and XG not in the section.

Could just be this store, or maybe just WM Canada is doing this - is anyone else finding this happening?

I thought walmart always had fram ultra filters, at least the one here does.

They're not doing that here. I happened to walk by them a few nights ago and they were fully stocked with plenty of TG and XG filters.

No clearance filters at mine; EGs and Ultras at regular price as of this afternoon. TGs are no longer stocked at my location.

Was at the WM next to my work tonight, and was surprised to find a clearance section full of Fram Ultra Synthetic filters. Found one for my wife’s Jeep (10060) for $7!

Checked out the regular filter section near by, and found only Extra Guards on the shelf - TG and XG not in the section.

Could just be this store, or maybe just WM Canada is doing this - is anyone else finding this happening?
I’ll check. Walmart seems really uncommitted to selling oil filters at my store. I find their selection and stocking to be sketchy.

The biggest thing I have noticed is the expansion of Supertech in both filters and oil. That in turn reduced shelf space so something had to go.

No more Mopar filters or Motorcraft oil filters at the local Walmarts by me. AC Delco and Fram and I use to buy Motorcraft filters that stopped when Walmart stop selling them and when Amazon started delivering them to me damaged, so I typically go to Napa and get a their Gold line. I may give Purolator Boss a Try, next year..

I’ll check. Walmart seems really uncommitted to selling oil filters at my store. I find their selection and stocking to be sketchy.
Funny, similar situation but they were blowing out all the Tough Guards for $7.00 and had shelves with fully stocked Extra Guards on top and fully stocked Ultras on the lower shelves. There were just a few Ultras with the screen mentioned on the box.

Perhaps Tough Guards are toast and the other stores were blowing out screened Ultra’s?

Back