Hi Point 4595TS Range Report 09-07-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the iron sights and the red / green dot reflex sight mounted , a cousin and I went to the range Saturday AM .

First off , with bright day light , even under the awning over the shooting tables , the red or green dots are not bright enough to see .

UUQ® Tactical Holographic Red Green Reflex Scope Sight 4 Reticles

So I removed that sight and started to try to zero the irons at 25 yards . POI was about right for elevation , but about at the left edge of the paper target .

Did not have enough adjustment on the rear sight , so I started rotating the front sight to the left . Got it with in a few inches of center , but the front sight is noticeably to the left . Looks odd . That is where I stopped for the day .

The carbine has a clamp on " compensatory " . I am wondering if that is influencing the POI ? I plan to remove the " compensatory " and leave it at home . Next time I take the carbine to the range .

Now , my largest problem with the carbine . I have been told I need cataract surgery . I was having a very difficult time seeing the target & iron sights . I had feared that . That is the reason I purchased the reflex sight .

Any suggestions for an " economy " reflex sight that would be bright enough for broad daylight ?

I know I could install a small conventional scope , but I am trying to avoid that .

Thanks ,
smile.gif

Wyr
God bless

PS I was getting around 2" - 3" groups at 25 yards , with my wonky eyesight .

I'm an older guy and I find that iron sights are useless. I absolutely need quality optics. It's a shame that I have to spend the money, but that's the price of being old.

Anything Trijicon agrees with my old eyes. Especially the ACOG's. But even the MRO is good.

I also absolutely LOVE using the Eotech's. I don't care that they've had some issues. They are an absolute joy.

Yep.... a Trijicon on a $275 Hi Point 45 ACP carbine....
33.gif

I have an Ultradot tube type red dot with a 2 MOA dot I think that's been on a number of different rifles with no problems seeing the dot in daylight but it was up around $200. Maybe you could pick 2 or 3 in your price range on Amazon with lots of good reviews and put the battery in and try them out, free returns and all that. A $50 sight makes sense with that gun unless they just don't work.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
33.gif

if that's what it takes to make a "not-usable" firearm "usable" again.... then do what you need to do!

My preference is either the SCP-DS3840TDQ or SCP-DS3840W. The first is a "T" dot and the second is just a plain dot. I prefer the "T" because it is faster for me to acquire. The price is $60 for either (cheaper on Amazon). I have never had a problem with it.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
33.gif

Yeah, that's pretty silly.

I really was not suggesting that. Only that those are optics that work well for me.

A BSA red dot would be just fine on that Hi Point.

( Trolling for sympathy . ) Could not see the the iron sights or target , more than a blur . Will probably , eventually have the cataract surgery , sooner or latter . I am a coward when it comes to surgery . :-(

Anyway , I had this recommended to me & ordered one . Suppose to be here today ? Might get it mounted and tested this weekend ? Hope it works well .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4AYBR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The carbine had a compensator mounted on the barrel , when I purchased it . I removed it last night . I hope it was what was causing ot contributing to it shooting left . We will see if it does better w/o it . I doubt I will be able to tell any difference w/o it . As far as recoil . May not be as loud w/o it ?

I have the 4095TS (.40 cal) version and with factory open iron sights I can put 8 out of 10 shots into a 3" circle at 50 yards and I wear glasses
cool.gif
and am older than most of you pups!
shocked2.gif

I am trying to convince HiPoint to make a 45 Colt version for deer hunting.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
I have the 4095TS (.40 cal) version and with factory open iron sights I can put 8 out of 10 shots into a 3" circle at 50 yards and I wear glasses
cool.gif
shocked2.gif

Problem with that might be in most States a 45 does not have the required foot pounds to hunt deer.

I have the 4095TS (.40 cal) version and with factory open iron sights I can put 8 out of 10 shots into a 3" circle at 50 yards offhand with a 20 mph crosswind and I wear glasses
cool.gif
shocked2.gif

Fixed it for you.
wink.gif
That's nice shooting but cataracts are a different problem than wearing glasses.

Hope that sight works for you OP and hope you get your eyes fixed sometime.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
cool.gif
shocked2.gif

Problem with that might be in most States a 45 does not have the required foot pounds to hunt deer.

Here in Iowa straight wall pistol cartridges of .357 Magnum and up are legal for deer hunting and the .45 Colt is more than sufficient for bringing down deer. I use the .45 Colt in a Lever Action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back