Hi-Flo filters, who uses them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irv

I used them in my Grizzly atv without any problems and I also plan to use them in my 08 Yamaha Vector snowmobile.

Just curious what other's thoughts on them are?

I also heard Hi-Flo is the maker of K&N oil filters, any thruth to that?
http://www.hiflofiltro.com/

Originally Posted By: willix
K&N allows more dirt in and will cause premature internal wear. The flow advantage is very close to zero.

I believe your talking about K&N air filters and not the oil filters I am talking about?

I am refering to K&N air filters. The oil filters very good. I am not at all familiar with Hi Flo Filtro and will not pre judge. Hi Flo may have real good products.

Originally Posted By: irv
I also heard Hi-Flo is the maker of K&N oil filters, any thruth to that?
K&N oil filters are made by Champion Laboratories, as are OEM Ford (not Motorcraft), Mobil 1, SuperTech, many AC Delcos, and a whole bunch of other private-label filters. I have no idea who makes K&N's air filters.

irv you talking oil or air? if oil i think i asked you what efficiency is if you don't know like i think you said i'd call manufacture.

I am refering to K&N air filters. The oil filters very good. I am not at all familiar with Hi Flo Filtro and will not pre judge. Hi Flo may have real good products.

So why comment on something he is not talking about?

K&N allows more dirt in and will cause premature internal wear. The flow advantage is very close to zero.

Your proof is?

Originally Posted By: daman
irv you talking oil or air? if oil i think i asked you what efficiency is if you don't know like i think you said i'd call manufacture.

daman, I am talking about the "OIL" filters, I was just curious how many people ran them and if some even have even heard about them?

I am not too concerned about the efficiency numbers as I am pretty sure they are quality oil filters, especially after what I was told about them by a very reputable motorcycle shop. (maybe naive on my part?)

I also believe if Yamaha says it is ok to change their oil filters every other oil change or longer then I will be perfectly fine using this filter and changing it "every" time I change the oil, which will more than likely be at least twice a year?
Imo, they are a quality filter, they are well built, have anti-drain back diaphrams and have been around and used by various off-roading enthusiests for years.

www.cmfilters.com

For most OEM cars they are overkill, but if you have something you really care about you will thank me after you use one.

Sure, they are expensive, but I have used them for 15 years and used them on OEM engines and 800 HP modified engines without fail.

The 400 series flow 45 gpm and the filters are rated at 8 micron.

They have no bypass and use a silcone anti-drainback.

I have used these on my 02 suzuki bandit 1200 and 03 sv 650 for years. I've never had any problems with them. They seem like a quality product

Originally Posted By: Bub
I have used these on my 02 suzuki bandit 1200 and 03 sv 650 for years. I've never had any problems with them. They seem like a quality product

I assume you mean the Hi-Flo filters and not the cmfilters that are posted above your post?

The more I read about them the more reassuring it becomes running them.
Lots of people have used them for years without any issues so I know using them on my Vector I will be perfectly safe as well.

daman, I found this at TY4stroke, it lists all the kown filters that will fit Vectors and I assume Apex's as well?
For me, I am going to run the Hi-Flo.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this is helpful, it was for me.

Original: 5DM-13440-00-00

Yamaha Filter Cross Reference Chart

Supertech ST6607
Yamaha 5GH-13440-00
K & N KN303
AC Delco PF1237
Hastings LF113
Wix 51358
Purolator ML16819

I used the K & N, which I bought at the local "Blains Farm & Fleet" for around $9.00 each. Worked just fine for me.

Originally Posted By: Bub
Yessir. Been using the filtro on the bandit for 50,000 miles now.

Good to know
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back