Hertz to buy 100K Teslas

There’s always this.

2910FCC9-A6A7-4080-928E-77A8D70EC1FA.jpg

That reminds me of the green and gold Hertz Shelby Mustangs from the 1960's. The mythology (or maybe not) that surrounds them says that guys would rent them, take them to the track for a weekend and beat the you know what out of them and return them on Monday. Or even return them with a stock engine or stock parts installed and the Shelby parts had been removed and installed on the Mustangs that belonged to the renters.

I don't think one could get away with that today, but things were undoubtedly a lot looser more than 50 years ago.

That reminds me of the green and gold Hertz Shelby Mustangs from the 1960's. The mythology (or maybe not) that surrounds them says that guys would rent them, take them to the track for a weekend and beat the you know what out of them and return them on Monday. Or even return them with a stock engine or stock parts installed and the Shelby parts had been removed and installed on the Mustangs that belonged to the renters.

I don't think one could get away with that today, but things were undoubtedly a lot looser more than 50 years ago.
Ford installed a wire loop from the engine to the frame with a message warning renters to not mess with it. This was the engine theft deterrent.
Avout 10 years ago we rented a Hertz Shelby Mustang; it also had the loop. The car was a blast and got a lotta looks. As I recall, they gave us a pretty good deal, but it was still expensive.

Back