Here go the oil Speculator's again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT IS BECAUSE OF A MORITORIUM ON NEW DOMESTIC OFFSHORE DRILLING, AND THE PROSPECT OF CHINA'S INCREASING DEMAND FOR OIL. DUH. READ THE PAPERS.

P.S. Sorry to have to do that.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
We are almost at $ 90.00 a barrel. Why?

Because they want it that way!

Idiots

Yea no kidding [censored] were at $3.04 a gal here in MI,boy just in time for the holidays how convenient huh!!!!

Originally Posted By: Kaboomba
IT IS BECAUSE OF A MORITORIUM ON NEW DOMESTIC OFFSHORE DRILLING, AND THE PROSPECT OF CHINA'S INCREASING DEMAND FOR OIL. DUH. READ THE PAPERS.

You get loud I'll get loud, and I ain't even the OP. We had China roaring and no moratorium on drilling last time the prices went crazy. It is the Oil Co's jacking us for the holiday driving season like they have been doing forever. Keep it real HOMEY!!

PS: Sorry I have to do that;(

Last edited:
A few pennies of the price-at-the-pump is due to winter mix fuel that includes a higher percentage of ethanol. Also, demand for fuel goes up during the holidays (add a few pennies to a nickel). Supply and demand always determines the price, excluding government interference.

You think it's bad now-just wait until Bernanke gets done dumping another 600 billion or a couple TRILLION into the money supply-we'll be nostalgic for $100/barrel oil!!

Gasoline and oil prices go up every year near Christmas time. And yes, it is the oil speculators. The "oil mafia" is alive and well.

Just because there is possibly going to be demand doesn't mean there is a supply issue. It just means speculators want to find something to dump their money in.

Pick something else.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1

You get loud I'll get loud, and I ain't even the OP. We had China roaring and no moratorium on drilling last time the prices went crazy. It is the Oil Co's jacking us for the holiday driving season like they have been doing forever. Keep it real HOMEY!!

PS: Sorry I have to do that;(

Clearly you are not aware of the real trends of the last ten years.

...last time the prices went crazy.

Yes, China was (and still is) booming. At the same time, US demand was the highest ever in history--Americans' willingness and ability to buy fuel was greater than ever, ever, ever before. When new drilling started, and promised greater supply, prices slipped some.

Then, thanks to the collapse of the housing market, all connected credit, and our economic slowdown, US demand for oil fell over backwards while China's kept growing (albiet at a slower pace), and we had another relaxing of prices.

Later, Deepwater Horizon snafued, and we got THIS as a direct result.

Meanwhile, as China's demand continues to grow, and Venezuela's output falters due to Chavez's takeover of most of the country's producers, we in the US are buying more fuel as we struggle to build our economy up again.

Look up the primary source material on my factual assertions before decrying my conclusions.

Smoke it, bud.

This is incorrect. There have been major restrictions on offshore (both coasts, and the Gulf) oil drilling in the US for decades. Obama's administration did not make them greater or fewer, until about a week ago when they put a complete block on oil exploration and additional drilling in the Gulf for 7 years (this of course could be overturned at any time, especially with a new president, since it was an executive branch decision). This decision will surely lead to increased prices beyone what they otherwise would be because of reduced supply. Then of course there are all the normal factors (China, OPEC, speculators, a declining dollar and all the policies that are leading to that, etc.).

Every oil transaction around the world is conducted in good old American dollars. The $ goes down in value, the cost of a barrel of oil goes up as a result. I'll leave it to others to explain why our $ is going down.FWIW--Oldtommy

Read that in Germany gasoline is around 7 Dollars a US Gallon (3.78 liters).

I look for gasoline here in the US reaching well over $3.00 a gallon by summer driving season. Even higher in some parts of the country.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
You think it's bad now-just wait until Bernanke gets done dumping another 600 billion or a couple TRILLION into the money supply-we'll be nostalgic for $100/barrel oil!!

I don't get it down here.

We were at 45c US, oil was at $45US/bbl, and petrol was $1.00/litre. Treasurer explained that every cent drop in our dollar was a cent at the pump, every $/bbl was 1 c at the pump.

Now were are at parity, oil was around $80, and we are paying $1.27, and told that the latest increases are still 1c/l (when our cent is worth twice what it was then).

You think you are getting hosed.

Funny how the prime driving time this Summer saw stable oil and gasoline prices ! I guess all the speculators took the Summer off !

You did good!! Though it is manipulated as there is plenty of oil.

Originally Posted By: Steve S

You did good!! Though it is manipulated as there is plenty of oil.
Yes, as long as we have Metrosexuals and Soccer moms running OUR country--brace yourself for more moronic mandates. John--Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back