Oil production cut backs announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any country who has done this in the past has suffered the fate of revolutions, sanctions, and destruction. I think we have many tools to combat de-dolarization. I wouldn't be surprised if it's even a coordinated attempt to undermine the Chinese with a fake out by Saudi Arabia and them aligning closer to Iran as part of the ruse they are distancing from the US. Crazy theory though. No body wants the Yuan, it cannot be trusted because the CCP is behind it, I'd rather trade in Legos, they are more valuable. Just my thoughts, not an economist, these guys must me onto something.

Maybe this has something to do with the upcoming election as well? Higher gas prices puts more pressure on team blue and might make more people lean towards red? Maybe OPEC doesn't care either way?
Team Blue better wake up soon!

Regardless of team color the way out of the mess is through minimizing dependency and ultimately - self sufficiency.

As globalism collapses the full weight of cost lands on those in whatever system one aligns with, and most find out quickly they vastly underestimate the scope of the cost and cant come close to providing anywhere near the level of security they enjoyed under the dollar system.

yes it is for some, time to wake up

wakey wakey eggs and bakey........

Iran just seized a Turkish oil tanker. Not our problem anymore.

Dont want the petrodollar, or the US dollar as the reserve currency? - go ahead and protect the trade lanes yourself.

The first domino just fell, if they get away with it expect this to become the norm.

wakey wakey eggs and bakey........

Iran just seized a Turkish oil tanker. Not our problem anymore.

Dont want the petrodollar, or the US dollar as the reserve currency? - go ahead and protect the trade lanes yourself.

The first domino just fell, if they get away with it expect this to become the norm.
Why would i care what iran does to Turkey?
Are you asking me if i don't want the US dollar as a reserve currency? I was speaking of China and Russia, and Brics Countries...

Why would i care what iran does to Turkey?
Are you asking me if i don't want the US dollar as a reserve currency? I was speaking of China and Russia, and Brics Countries...

We were discussing both the petrodollar and the US dollar as the worlds reserve currency.

Why would you care what Iran does to a (sorry I should have been more clear) Chinese owned ship sailing from Turkey in this case it was headed to houston, but its destination port is way less relevant than the precident being set.

Your country is the worlds #32 importer of crude right?

Whats going to happen when more regimes start to choke exports from the middle east?

We were discussing both the petrodollar and the US dollar as the worlds reserve currency.

Why would you care what Iran does to a (sorry I should have been more clear) Chinese owned ship sailing from Turkey in this case it was headed to houston, but its destination port is way less relevant than the precident being set.

Your country is the worlds #32 importer of crude right?

Whats going to happen when more regimes start to choke exports from the middle east?
Thats correct, still don't care what they do there. Never have... We have Norway close, but i get your point. But i do care that they trying to dump the dollar as the world currency. And doing oil trading with yuan and ruble.

Cartels are bad for anyone - they club up together and set prices. The worst part is the glut in oil supplies resulting in more uncontrolled inflation and higher interest rates to curtail inflation. Nothing is working on the Fed level to curtail inflation and this news couldn't have come at a worse time. Moving to hybrids and electrics is the way out of this hemorrhaging dogma of oil prices.
We're still at least 20-30 years away from making EVs practical...the way out currently is to allow the US to go back to being the world's #1 oil producer...

My employment is none of your business … All major companies and industries are severely audited - you might call governments corrupt - but you called an entire industry corrupt …
Auditing has absolutely nothing to do with corruption, or curbing it. When an industry can set their own prices like the oil industry does, if not corrupt, what do you call it?

Yeah, if team red makes them more profits (higher prices) then... then team red is what they'll be rooting for. It was team blue that asked to keep lower prices from the saudi's. The unfortunate reality is we rely on foreign oil mostly.
It was also team blue that put a strangle hold on US oil production...we were the world's #1 oil producer until then and we didn't need OPEC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back