Oil Discovery??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Talk about a way to kick start the economy, do you know how much things would change if gasoline was even $2 a gallon or less. Everyone would start travelling, spending money and buying cars again not to mention the jobs being created to move the oil "inside" the United States. This high price of gas is killing the economy, its what gave me the mindset, that I dont care how many animals or terain we upset, get the oil. Too many people think evrything comes from somewhere else and doesnt want to disturb the enviroment.

The animals WILL move ,they wont put themselves in danger or let you drill through their head or anything.The impact area would be the area of a dime in a football stadium.

I say kill off half the homo sapiens animal population, that'll solve myriad problems.
Dust off your old ww2 carbine and start plinking out traffic lights as a start - then let social darwinism take hold.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I say kill off half the homo sapiens animal population, that'll solve myriad problems.
Dust off your old ww2 carbine and start plinking out traffic lights as a start - then let social darwinism take hold.

They already tried that using the Toyota sticking gas pedal, it just wasn't effective enough .Next will be cell phones that really do give off 'brain attack' radiation,that'll work.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
. Are there any special owls in North Dakota that need to be saved?

Where's Panzerman? He should be able to top ..who was that guy ..ah ..James G. Watt as Secretary of the Interior. He'll show you how to get oil from an owl.

Please re-lease me, let it flow
For I so want you ever more
To leave oil in the ground is such a sin
So re-lease me so I can flow again

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: rclint
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Why not just use natural gas? There's an over-supply of it and its cheap and clean

Cheap, and Natural gas does not go hand in hand in my part of the country when winter time comes. Natural Gas, and LP are close to the same in price here all the time, NG does get cheaper in the summer, LP does to an extent, however it follows gas at the pump close. NG can skyrocket to huge amounts, I have heard people complaining of $700 bills for ONE months usage, and this was a hundred or so complaining of the price spikes I did pick the highest one however the $700 bill when his normal bill was around $150- $200.

I think I could heat my house with pump gas during the winter if there was a way cheaper than any other method.

I agree, NG is far from cheap,my bills were crazy this winter here in Michigan!

I heat my 3500 sq foot house for $1,200 per year. Natural Gas wholesale price is around $4 down form a high of $12 a few years ago. I am talking about using it for a motor fuel. Google "Pickens Plan" and you will get the idea.

http://www.pickensplan.com/act/

Last edited:
Keep getting those investor type e-mails every couple of months, usually pointing to Samson Oil and Gas (traded in Oz and US).

http://www.miningtopnews.com/samson-oil-gas-to-drill-a-bakken-formation-well-in-north-dakota.html

This area once had a thriving shale oil industry. Panzerman would have loved it. Kerosene Vale was so named as there was too much kerosene to sell, so they ran that bit down the creek.

Anyway, theres a problem with getting oil out of shale.

There's a block of oil shale on display at a local mine, holding many hundreds of litres of oil. It's been sitting there for decades, and there's not even a damp spot underneath it, it's holding it's oil so tight.

They had to break it up, and cook it to get the oil out back in the day.

The environmentalists have aligned themselves against industry for years. Until the people stand up against them, we'll be unable to tap into our resources. I think most Americans are unaware of how bad the EPA has gotten, I hope they wake up soon.

Seriously, if business has it's act together, they can do just about anything within reason.

There have been heaps of court cases started by rabid greenies in my state over recent months/years, and nearly all of them have been thrown out of court.

A few of them gain traction, but usually when businesses have been doing wrong.

The Bakken is a large oil field and I don't know of anyone, evil environmentalists or others, who are restricting drilling access. There may be some private landowners who have concerns, but that's their business.

North Dakota is now the #4 oil producing state in the country. So many workers are pouring in that there is a serious housing shortage in the western part of the state.

That said, Bakken is no savior. This country will be dependent on imported oil forever, because we can't produce 20 million barrels per day. One American well, on average, produces a pittance compared to a well in Kuwait, Saudi, etc.

What we need are more LOOP-like structures to ensure the imported oil keeps flowing in, one is not enough. I believe another similar structure is being completed off the Texas coast.

Shale oil like Bakken is not cheap to extract, and no one has been opposing it. Why would the drill proponent blame the environmentalist when it is just too expensive to get the oil out at today's price? I'd image the Canadian tar sand is going to be cheaper than this.

Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
Dont forget the fed gets a PERCENTAGE of the price from end users in tax,they would gain nothing to tap this new resource if the price went down to 15-20$ a barrel.

U.S. federal gas tax is currently a straight 18.4 cents per gallon, not a percentage of the final selling price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back