Help!: Question for someone who has experience with Hondas

Status
Not open for further replies.
1994 Honda Accord EX Coupe with aprox. 127,000 miles on it.

Just took my vehicle to Tires Plus for my lifetime alignment check and they basically said they couldn't align my BACK wheels because the adjustors were rusted out and had seized. They said my steering wheel is set straight but when I drive down the highway the steering wheel goes crooked because the front wheels are compensating for the back wheels being off.

They gave me a quote of $280 and said the entire control arm assembly must be replaced in order to properly complete the four wheel alignment.

I am clueless about alignments and such and was wondering if I should consult a second opinion.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

Happens on All Accords. The rear bushings become frozen and you cant adjust them. How far was it out? You have to replace the arm or buy aftermarket bushings to press in the arm.

You could set the alignment on the front to track straight, with respect to the rear.
The car would dogtrack a little, that is, it would drive straight with no pulling, but be pointed slightly crooked. I doubt you'd notice it, but someone following your car with a keen eye could.

I was even told that on a 2003 Accord w/ only 70,000 miles, so even the newer generation Accords suffer from this problem. The effects of salt-on-the-road winters, I guess. Mine wasn't off bad, just left it for right now.

The 91 Civic my family owned had about 4,396 suspension problems after it got a few (90K+) miles.

I guess it got to the accords as well.

Remember your wheel will always be to the left a bit when driving seeing there is a crown in the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back