Help picking tint %

Most oem glass is at 90% from the factory. It's unfortunate but certain states tend to be less lenient about window tint. Colorado is 27% but have had 19% rear and 20% front and not one officer ever mentioned it.

Most tint places will only accept cash for under legal tint. There are various websites that you can look at with vehicles that have various tint so you can see what it looks like on your vehicle.

My wife’s crv has a fully tinted windshield. My own personal opinion, I dislike it very much. Optically polarized sunglasses are tremendous at cutting glare and adding clarity, but seen through a tinted window it becomes rainbows, distorted vision and headaches.

Last edited:
Picked up this G70 over the weekend: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/new-genesis-g70-2-0t-awd-elite.330855/

Got them to throw in tint. Now I have to decide on a level.

Florida Law:

Front: No darker than 30%
Front windshield strip: No darker than 30%
Rear: No darker than 15%

Dealer has the following options: 15%, 30%, 80%. Ceramic film.

Typically I am not a fan of mixed %'s nor the windshield strip. I want to be able to see out of this car at night. This Florida sun though has me wondering if I should go as dark as legal on all panes though.

I am leaning towards 30% all the way around with the windshield strip also @ 30% (or maybe 80%).

Front 30% all around will put you at around 27% actual. That is what I would do, personally. As for the windshield, forego the brow, and do full clear ceramic. I've had it both ways, and there is no comparison between the two options for heat rejection, and ultimately it looks a lot more mature without the strip up top on 99% of the vehicles out there.

My wife’s crv has a fully tinted windshield. My own personal opinion, I dislike it very much. Optically polarized sunglasses are tremendous at cutting glare and adding clarity, but seen through a tinted window it becomes rainbows, distorted vision and headaches.
This is very true, and part of why I wear stuff like Rudy Project lenses (aside from the fact they are ballistic safety rated). Pick your sunglasses accordingly, or, if you are married to something already, then maybe you're stuck just having to use a wind screen on sunny days.

Back