Help! Need some oil w/ zinc TODAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, I need to build up a stash of high-zinc oil, but for now let's just say my flat-tappet equipped pickup burns a little more oil than I thought and I need some oil for it TODAY. What's a reasonable deal these days? Rotella T CJ-4 at Wal*Mart? Looking for something approximately 10W30 since it's getting chilly...

Any of the HDEO, Shell, Delo, Delvac, will have plenty of zinc. Also any of the major high mileage oils should have enough zinc for you.

Amsoil has 3 different viscosities in the Dominator Syns: 5W-20, 10W-30, and 15W-50. These are fairly new and may serve well.

Those Amsoil offerings in 20W50 and 10W40 which are CI4+ Plus Rated would be my pick...muscle car, definitely the 20W50. IIRC, they are advertised as being reformulated and having higher ZDDP nuumbers.
That aside, any CI4+ HDEO, if you can still find it, of course. CJ would be fine as well.

Last edited:
You should have a Murrays near you. The Murrays by me has Valvoline VR1 which lists about 1200 ppm z and p. Also carries Motorcraft Diesel 10w30 quarts for about $3.50 each.

There is a posted UOA on BITOG from back in July in the Diesel UOA section. Rotella T 10W30 CJ-4. 1438 ppm Zinc. Probably a good choice.

Well, I went to Wally World, and they had no 10W30 HDEOs - just 15W40 and straight 30. Happily, Delvac has recently been reduced in price from $11.77/gal to $9.22/gal, and there's a $3 rebate too! :)

Originally Posted By: NovaMan
Well, I went to Wally World, and they had no 10W30 HDEOs - just 15W40 and straight 30. Happily, Delvac has recently been reduced in price from $11.77/gal to $9.22/gal, and there's a $3 rebate too! :)

NovaMan, may want to check other stores (especially more rural) was in mine today and they had about (5) gallons of Rotella T (10W30) for $11.77, picked them up as I run this in my F150 during the winter. If you were closer I would get them to you
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back