help finding bigger oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the S2000 forums some had lower oil pressure as the rpm's went up. Our engines(AP1 and AP2) turn 8000 to 9000 rpm's and we run high oil pressure(90 psi+) at red line.

If you look at the spec's of that Wix it has a flow rate of 7 to 9 gpm and that may, repeat "MAY"(I don't know how much your oil pump moves) not be enough for youe engine, take a look
http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=184315

ROD

Yes, I did notice that. I'm not one to take risks, and I drive with a lead foot. I think I'll probably just stick to oem spec like always. Plus, the oil consumption has gotten bad enough now that i'd rather put the 4.5 quarts in and save the .5 for top off purposes. Thanks for responding to the post!

Originally Posted By: rrounds
On the S2000 forums some had lower oil pressure as the rpm's went up. Our engines(AP1 and AP2) turn 8000 to 9000 rpm's and we run high oil pressure(90 psi+) at red line.

Is the oil pressure sensor before or after the filter ... I would assume after, but never know. If it happens to be before the filter, then lower oil pressure means less restriction in the oiling system (ie, less restriction in the filter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back