Help... B & M drain plug drip, drip, dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gmorg - I have some anti-seize that I was thinking about trying if the teflon tape leaks

BlueovalFitter - nice welding job and pics - once again you folks make me feel much less of a man because i dont own a welder or some of your other toys.. LOL So far the teflon tape is working fine.. The drain bolt was not as long as i thought it was though..

thanks

b

On the truck, minor leak from the plug going into the larger piece of the assembly.
Funny it didn't leak from the main part that was pressed against the pan considering I put the gasket on the inside not the outside. I am redoing it right now, was told by a Ford transmission builder not to use RTV anywhere. Also read that Teflon was bad. I put an aluminum crush washer on the inside and the outside. Most likely will leak from the small bolt/plug that goes inside again.

Although the magnet was fairly clean, the slightest floating shiny specks in the fluid I drained. It is only 4 quarts, so I'm changing that and the filter since I have one even though it only has 5000 miles.

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
On the truck, minor leak from the plug going into the larger piece of the assembly.
Funny it didn't leak from the main part that was pressed against the pan considering I put the gasket on the inside not the outside. I am redoing it right now, was told by a Ford transmission builder not to use RTV anywhere. Also read that Teflon was bad. I put an aluminum crush washer on the inside and the outside. Most likely will leak from the small bolt/plug that goes inside again.

Although the magnet was fairly clean, the slightest floating shiny specks in the fluid I drained. It is only 4 quarts, so I'm changing that and the filter since I have one even though it only has 5000 miles.

Are there any welding shops near where you live and/or travel? If so, bring the pan and the drain to them to have it tig welded. Then, just put a wrap of Teflon tape on the plug and the issue will be resolved!
34.gif
thumbsup2.gif

So far so good. Had another drain plug assembly, same brand, ran the threads on both several times, put a crush washer inside and outside. Of course that's not the part that usually leaks LOL. The drain bolt itself is not leaking. Didn't want to try the Teflon. Then again I read your post too late. That and some 5W 20 max life blend For the motor. I swear I still have piston slap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back