Havoline smart change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure the exact condition of my seals, and engine internals. One would hope that with approximately 80 faithful oil changes, that "sludge" would not have built up, seals would be in good condition. Otherwise what a waste of energy and time.

Originally Posted by BLND1

It literally doesn't matter. For the last Several YEARS it's highly likely that the "conventional" OP was using was in fact already a groupII/GroupIII blend, even if not in name. How is adding a little more groupIII to an existing blend going to make a significant difference to the seals?

Quite correct.

Originally Posted by Villalobos
I'm not sure the exact condition of my seals, and engine internals. One would hope that with approximately 80 faithful oil changes, that "sludge" would not have built up, seals would be in good condition. Otherwise what a waste of energy and time.

This forum has a nasty habit of recommending "conventional" oil as being "just fine for TIDE Synthetic."

Which is it? Either "conventional" is totally fine and will keep your engine plenty clean during
You've changed your oil at incredibly reasonable OCI. Moving from a conventional (blend in all but name) to a slightly more synthetic blend is going to to be just fine.

Originally Posted by BLND1
Originally Posted by Villalobos

This forum has a nasty habit of recommending "conventional" oil as being "just fine for TIDE Synthetic."

Which is it? Either "conventional" is totally fine and will keep your engine plenty clean during
You've changed your oil at incredibly reasonable OCI. Moving from a conventional (blend in all but name) to a slightly more synthetic blend is going to to be just fine.

In the words of the OP, "one would hope".

I switched my Lucerne to Advanced from 78k of Mobil 5000 and I'm watching it like a hawk, 83k on it now and no leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back